30+ days ago - req27615
Senior Data Scientist - Computational Lithography
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Data science, Physics
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The employee will be responsible for applied R&D in the areas of:
- Numerical techniques for Process Modeling and Optimization
- Machine Learning for Computational Lithography and Image Enhancement
- Software prototyping and development
As part of the ASML Brion Advanced Technology Team you will be part of a dynamic team working on holistic solutions for semiconductor patterning. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of feasibility studies and protype development to enhance our existing products and develop new solutions to extend Moore’s Law. In particular the candidate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging problems such as:
Machine Learning (ML) based feasibility study to improve our current Optical Proximity Correction (OPC) and Process Model solutions, including ML based SRAF - Sub Resolution Asist Features extractions, ML based OPC speed up, Machine Learning model accuracy improvement, Image Quality Improvement, OPC Multi-variable-solver improvement, CTM solver improvement.
Investigate Pattern Coverage/Selection Technology for different Machine Learning Algorithm
Work with R&D and Product Engineering to integrate and verify new Machine Learning algorithm and utilities on our platforms (CPU/GPU).
Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Mathematics, Physics, Electrical / Computer Engineering, or related fields.
- 3 or more years of experience in Computational Lithography, Semiconductor process technology, Simulation, and analysis
- Good working knowledge of Optical Lithography and Computational Lithography products.
- Application of machine Learning to technical problems
- Data mining and reduction techniques
- C++ / Java/Python and Scripting coding
- Demonstrated capabilities for conducting independent R & D and contributing to cross-functional, team-based feasibility studies and prototyping.
- Excellent team, communication and organizational skills.
- Willingness to work independently and think ‘outside the box’ to identify, analyze and solve both simulation and experimental challenges in a dynamic, applied R&D organization.
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability