30+ days ago - req27690
Senior Physics Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
IntroductionASML is key player in the fast-paced industry that makes it all happen, since we are one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip making machines. We provide chipmakers with hardware, software and services to mass produce patterns on silicon, increasing the value of a chip while lowering the manufacturing cost. All of the world’s chip companies are our customers, so chances are that every single day, you use semiconductor technology that was partly made on our machines
Job MissionThe optical column is the heart of the EUV system, a technological miracle. ASML’s EUV machines push Moore’s law forward, enabling new technology waves that improve everyone’s life. Therein, Dose Control plays a central part in connecting light source to the scanner in such a way that secures stable EUV light on the wafer through optical column enabling customer’s printing targets at all times.
Dose Control makes this possible by using its Hardware (Optical sensor) & Software (e.g., scanner and to the source) in real time interface. Numerous technical interfaces with the scanner sub-systems & EUV source keeps dose control technically complex, challenging and yet inspiring. To provide the best technical solution, you need to understand and connect the technical dependencies and provide one integrated design proposal
We are a group of >20 energetic engineers from various technical and cultural background. In dose control we live ASML three core values Challenge, Care, Collaborate to develop ourselves and our colleagues such that we can use our collective potential. Customer trust remains the priority of dose control. We take full ownership of our technical solutions and execute as if we were a mini company.
Technical complexity and a unique group culture of dose control paves the way for rapid professional and personal growth for engineers
To deliver a working dose control functionality, your main responsibilities are:
- Design, test and integrate dose control deliverables, its interfaces with EUV source and other sub-systems
- Understand how the end customers use Dose Control
- Takes into account technical dependencies with other teams, sectors, suppliers, and the customer needs
- Identify technical risks and its impact and share with the Dose Control technical authority
- Solve dose control technical challenges and customer specific requests
- Document the designs and integration results
- Contribute to bottom-up dose control roadmap for the respective Dose Control competency
- Lead the alignment with our suppliers the design of our sensors
- Define and implement improvement proposals on product and way of working
- Develop & improve on off-line tooling (MATLAB) for data analysis
Master’s degree or PhD in physics / optics, electronics, or related.
Experience (5-10 years) in a multidisciplinary environment related to design and integration of complex systems is needed, preferably with a focus on / clear contributions to optical measurement, detection, optical sensors and control aspects of system design. Experience with MATLAB is a pro.
- Be curious, self-propelling, show initiative and drive
- Be transparent such that stakeholders are informed and aligned about the status of the deliverables
- Aspire and consider alternative perspectives to create stronger solutions
- Listen to stakeholders and understand their needs and expectations prior to providing solutions
- Build on the feedback and able to speak up when there is a different view point
- Convey technical message in an understandable fashion.
Dose & Sys Trans Control is everywhere in the system giving unique opportunities for your next career step
To learn the system level, Use and learn various level stakeholder balancingSharpen your customer understanding
The holder of this position is reporting to the Dose & System Control Group Leader.
Context of the position
Within ASML, the Sector Development and Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. This responsibility also includes the specification of trade-offs across sectors.
The department DE EUV Optical Column is responsible for delivery of the illumination, dose control, projection and imaging metrology functions for EUV. The department supplies resources, means and methods and technology to ensure these deliveries in all the different product phases.
The holder of this position is reporting to the Dose & System
Control Group Leader.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.