13 days ago - req27744
Commissioning & Acceptance Manager
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Do you want to work in Commissioning and Acceptance management in the high-tech industry?
The Corporate Real Estate department of ASML is looking for a Commissioning & Acceptance Manager who is responsible for the correct input for projects related to (critical) assets as well as effective and efficient hand-over to the maintenance organization and with that plays a vital role in the uptime and (future) production capabilities of ASML.
The Commissioning & Acceptance Manager is the single-point-of-contact for the technical hand-over & acceptance in Veldhoven with the purpose to safeguard technical quality and requirements in design, construction, commissioning and operation of ASML utilities and facilities managed by CRE Facilities & Maintenance. All of this based on and executed within CRE’s strategic pillars (Safety, TCO, Flexibility, Business alignment, Wellbeing and Sustainability).
- Act as the single-point-of-contact in projects, representing the team Competence & Quality with the purpose to execute the commissioning & acceptance process for all related (critical) assets.
- Ensure that all technical specifications, guidelines, standards and legislation (from f.e. EDG, pipe-specs and design guidelines) are met in designs and in the commissioning to CRE F&M, together with Competence Managers.
- Responsible for maintaining the technical and qualitative standards and requirements by assessing and authorizing designs and constructions.
- Review designs and test documents and give advice to project managers how to meet technical and qualitative requirements by generating the technical solution (derived from relevant expertise parties, competence managers or suppliers).
- Define and manage procedures for quality inspections during design, construction and commissioning.
- Assess functionality and effectiveness of installations, assets and systems (together with expert colleagues or suppliers) and manage acceptance and commissioning as part of the Building Generation Process (stage gate reviews).
- Drive structural issue management and compliance issues. If applicable conduct feasibility studies and/or root cause analysis and derive solutions from experts in the competence center or expertise from suppliers (by procuring consultancy support) to drive the (technical) solution together with the project manager.
- Identify opportunities for process, system and technical improvements and drive performance improvements and opportunities together with Competence Managers and suppliers.
- Ensure that essential information from commissioning & acceptance is compliant (f.e. registration of drawings, technical documents, certificates or asset information in the document management system or asset register from assurance role).
- Analyze processes and procedures, and propose improvements and/or provide guidance and advice from professional expertise to professionalize methods, procedures and approaches.
- Cooperate with the supply chain and team Data, Delivery & Supply management to establish an effective process for commissioning & acceptance, both representing the Competence managers as well as the maintenance organization that is responsible for taking assets into service.
- Collaborate and build partnership with the Projects team, and other teams of CRE and/or business teams to continuously improve the effectiveness of commissioning and acceptance contributing to maximizing performance, availability and uptime.
Bachelor or Master degree in engineering
- 7+ years of experience in a relevant work field e.g. building services engineering, asset management.
- Core Competencies:
- Communicative and advisory skills
- Quality driven
- Successfully persuades and influences others
- Analytical skills in broad technical scope
- Understands different interests/concerns
- Work effectively with individuals and teams / partnership building
- Judgement and informed decision making
- Able to work under pressure
Context of the position
CRE F&M works with several key suppliers for its hard services (asset and building maintenance) and soft services. The key suppliers manage a range of the operational and tactical activities of CRE F&M. CRE F&M acts as (strategic) demand organization towards the expertise parties by providing the (output)specifications and to ensure that delivered solutions are in compliance with specifications, performance targets and ASML conditions.
The Commissioning & Acceptance Manager plays a vital role in the effective and efficient commissioning of assets to the maintenance organization, and with that will cooperate closely with the supply chain of CRE F&M. Together with the expert supplier, the Commissioning & Acceptance Manager ensures timely acceptance, embedment and correct settings and asset configuration to run production ‘business as usual’.
CRE is positioned within ASML as a global matrix organization. CRE F&M is responsible for the assets and asset performance for production sites worldwide. Local F&M teams are responsible for the daily management and execution of asset management and FM services in compliance with (global) standards. Veldhoven is, as the largest production site worldwide, the leading facility for setting the global standards and asset performance requirements.
The Commissioning & Acceptance Manager executes its role for the local CRE organization in Veldhoven.
Please make sure to attach a dedicated cover letter when applying to this position.