Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req27740
Mirror Heating Design Engineer EUV Projection
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
As mirror heating design engineer in the EUV Projection group you will be responsible for the design,
integration, qualification and troubleshooting of the mirror heating solutions for the projection modules in the
EUV scanners. You will work in a fast paced and multi-disciplinary environment as part of a project team.
Next to the technical solutions which are developed, you will also have to consider aspects like costs,
reliability, availability and serviceability. Your responsibility is to take ownership of a project deliverable and
drive it towards completion. This includes documentation, specification, qualification & integration as well as
issue handling and supporting customer specific requests. In order to fulfill this role, you need to align within
in the team on both hardware and software related technical aspects, scope, planning and progress. Also,
you need to collaborate with different competences and sectors (systems engineering, marketing and
customer support) within ASML. Using your technical knowledge, analytical thinking and people skills you
will work closely together with the project team and interfacing projects and sectors.
You are part of a team of engineers who work together on mirror heating solutions in the projection modules.
The job consists of:
- Acquiring knowledge on the mechanisms related to mirror heating in the projection optics and the
link to the optical and imaging performance of the entire system.
- Understanding the thermal, mechanical and material aspects related to mirror heating.
- Contribute, in a team, to the development of mirror heating solutions for the EUV projection
modules, which a mixture of hardware and software developments.
- Specify, design, support implementation, qualify and integrate new mirror heating functionality.
- Contribute to troubleshoot and solving issues, escalations and customer specific requests. This
involves analyzing data, connecting the results to physical phenomena such as thermal
phenomena, material drifts, optical drifts etc., and steer towards the proper solution directions.
- Contribute to generation and maintenance of proof book data and machine performance overviews.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary project and collaborate with supplier, factory and customer support
MSc or PhD in physics, thermal, material science or engineering, preferably with knowledge of optical
Experience with working in teams in a multi-disciplinary environment is needed. Work experience in an
industrial environment is preferred.
- Affinity with working a multidisciplinary environment related to complex systems.
- Contributions to thermal conditioning systems and/or applications of optical systems is preferred.
- Affinity with thermal, mechanical, optical, material science and software disciplines.
- Ability to think on a functional level and in design details.
- Ability to integrate, test and troubleshoot functions on module or system level.
- Affinity with both hardware aspects such as fiber optics or laser systems and software aspects such
- Excellent communicational skills.
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions, ability to convey these in an
- Team player with ability to build network towards other parts of the ASML organization.
- Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive, pragmatic attitude.
- Flexible, result driven and committed.
- Good analytical skills and drive for quality.
- Good practice of Matlab / programming is highly recommended.
Context of the position
Within ASML, the Sector Development and Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the planning, development,
and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. This responsibility also includes the
specification of trade-offs across sectors.
The department DE EUV Optical Column is responsible for delivery of the projection, illumination, dose
control, and EUV light collection functions for the EUV machines. The department develops technical
solutions, means and methods and competences to ensure these deliveries in all the different product
The holder of this position is reporting to the ED EUV DE OC Projection Group Leader
To be completed