You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req27742
Senior Optics Design Engineer EUV Projection
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
ASML is relentlessly driving the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and
more energy efficient chips. We are a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce creating,
with strong support of our suppliers, the lithographic tools the industry needs to achieve its goals.
Are you looking for a challenge to design, test, integrate and troubleshoot a state-of-the-art optical module?
Then you will enjoy this position in the EUV optical column projection team. You will be part of the EUV
projection group responsible to transfer and de-magnify the reticle image onto the wafer in the EUV
scanners by means of advanced optical manipulations and corrections.
As optics design engineer in the EUV Projection group you will be responsible for the design, integration,
qualification and troubleshooting of the optical performance in the projection modules in the EUV scanners.
You will work in a fast paced and multi-disciplinary environment as part of a project team.
Besides the technical aspects of the design also has aspects related to costs, reliability, availability and
serviceability. Your responsibility is to take ownership of a project deliverable and drive that towards
completion. This includes documentation, specification, qualification & integration as well as issue handling
and supporting customer specific requests. In order to fulfill this role, you need to align within in the team on
technical aspects, scope, planning and progress. Also, you need to collaborate with different competences
and sectors (systems engineering, marketing and customer support) within ASML. Using your technical
knowledge, analytical thinking and people skills, you will work closely together with the project team and
interfacing projects and sectors.
You are part of a team of optical performance engineers who work together on projection optics solutions.
The job consists of:
- Acquiring knowledge on the relationship between projection optics and the imaging performance of the entire system in support of the customer use case optimization.
- Contribute, in a team, to the development of optical solutions for the EUV projection modules.
- Specify, design, support implementation, qualify and integrate those solutions.
- Contribute to troubleshoot and solving issues, escalations and customer specific requests. This involves analyzing data, connecting the results to physical phenomena such as lens heating, mirror vibrations, etc., and steer towards the proper solution directions.
- Contribute to generation and maintenance of proof book data and machine performance overviews.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary project and collaborate with supplier, factory and customer support teams.
- MSc or PhD in engineering or physics, preferably with knowledge of optical systems.
- Experience with working in teams in a multi-disciplinary environment is needed.
- 3 to 7 years of work experience in an industrial environment.
- Committed to deliver functionality within a complex system and drive the quality
- Strong analytic mindset, data driven; experience on developing optical systems is preferred.
- Excellent communicational skills: ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions, ability to convey these in an understandable fashion.
- Team player, can recognize strengths in a highly talented team, and also build a network within ASML.
Context of the position
Within ASML, the Sector Development and Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the planning, development,
and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. This responsibility also includes the
specification of trade-offs across sectors.
The department DE EUV Optical Column is responsible for delivery of the projection, illumination, dose
control, and EUV light collection functions for the EUV machines. The department develops technical
solutions, means and methods and competences to ensure these deliveries in all the different product
The holder of this position is reporting to the ED EUV DE OC Projection Group Leader.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverseand inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
In this position, you’ll need to access US-controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. If you apply, you must be legally authorized to access such US-controlled technology before the job starts.