30+ days ago - req27847
Development engineer wafer particle contamination EUV
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science, Physics, Mechanical engineering
Our challenge is to develop, integrate and qualify the EUV systems according to customer specifications, and deliver within time and budget. The MC DE Defectivity department is part of the sector Development & Engineering. Do you enjoy using your creativity to the develop a complex system, do you like solving multi-disciplinary problems, do you like teamwork, sharing your vision, and interacting and working together with many different disciplines? If so you will enjoy ASML – it will be a great opportunity for your professional development and personal growth.
The EUV Wafer Defectivity group is responsible for optimizing the system’s performance by providing the means and methods to prevent, detect, analyze, predict, control and eliminate particle contamination sources in the scanner. Furthermore, the group must ensure that designs of tools and systems are fit for industrial use.
Each EUV system as a whole must be such that the particle levels on the reticle, wafers, optics and sensors are according to specification.
During assembly and integration of the systems, in our factory and at customers, issues arise and need to be solved. On top of this, new developed systems require ever improving performance.
The Development engineer wafer particle contamination EUV must be able to identify issues or areas of improvement by collecting and analysis of system performance data in combination with system configuration and use case information.
Goal is to create and explore proposals for developments and improvements. The challenge is to force design changes and optimizations into work packages and support their execution by the required projects.
To do so, the engineer must have, or must be able to learn, thorough system and module knowledge, knowledge of particle generation processes (tribology, materials, coatings, vacuum), particle transport processes (gas flows, inertia) and particle deposition processes (adhesion, bonding). Last but not least a good dose of common sense is needed.
This combination of skills will enable the engineer to improve system performance and solve issues and by doing so the he or she will make a valuable contribution to our projects and customers.
Education level Masters in physics, mechanical or chemical engineering.
- Industrial experience in multi-disciplinary projects
- Can work in a mix of troubleshooting a complex system in parallel with running investigations to make it perform better (hands-on combined with analytical work)
- Is familiar with “contamination control”, preferably within ASML
- Experience with statistical analysis is a plus
- Affinity with mechanical design / tribology is a plus
- Affinity with materials analysis is a plus
- Experience with customer contact
- You can filter root-causes out of complex datasets, and explain it to the other engineers in the team.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Curious, willing to learn new things
- You can work independently in a dynamic, explorative environment, as well as in a team
- Highly committed and flexible (sometimes working outside office hours, changing requirements and boundary conditions)
- Robust personality while being a team player is a must.
Context of the position
The holder of the position reports to the group leader EUV Wafer Defectivity and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
Willing to travel, several times per year (USA, Asia).
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Please add your complete & recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.