16 days ago - req27887
Finance - Finance Controller Manager - Hsinchu
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Are you challenged by contributing to our successful world-class finance department as a hands-on Finance Controller or Assistant Controller? Your job is to work in a dynamic and international environment, being part of a high tech company.
The Finance Controller will be part of the ASML Finance of Global Enabling Services (GES) Financial Services and be responsible for compliance and accounting for Taiwan legal entities. He advices the business on accounting and ensures external and internal reporting requirements (US GAAP / Local GAAP) as well as ensuring tax compliance. The role requires closely external relations with the auditing firms.
As a Finance Controller, you are expected to create & maintain clear insight in the nature and background of financial reporting for the ASML Taiwan one or two legal entities. You will operate in a matrix organization, being part of the global Finance organization. You will ensure that the financial statements are correct and complete creating the basis for a clean audit trail – with proper substantiation and specification. Being able to make the translation between our primary US GAAP books and Local GAAP financial statements and into the indirect and direct tax obligations is crucial in this role.
Your responsibilities are as follows:
1) Financial Reporting
- Coordinate statutory financial reporting process for legal entities in Taiwan including alignment with Shared Service Centers in Korea and the Netherlands;
- Monitor the compliance with group accounting policies as well as local regulations;
- Ensure compliance with local GAAP and report to differences with US GAAP;
- Coordinate calculations for Transfer Pricing purposes for both USGAAP and Local GAAP;
- Align with / provide input to ASML Global Finance Team / Tax Support Organization (The Netherlands) for periodic group reporting and consolidation purposes;
- Improve accounting and compliance related processes, creating capacity to support the future growth of the company;Public
2) Audit Coordination
- Act as overall audit engagement coordinator & primary point of contact to external auditor for legal entities in scope;
- Coordinate / prepare / assist in preparation of supporting documentation for statutory audit compliance;
3) Direct and Indirect tax compliance
- Monitor tax compliance obligations of entities in responsible territory and arrange for timely preparation of direct and indirect tax filings;
- Act as primary point of contact for providing information for preparation of corporate income tax returns, including review of CIT fillings from a financial input perspective;
- Arrange for timely preparation of VAT/GUI filings and review VAT/GUI fillings from a financial input perspective;
- Arrange for timely preparation of other local tax filings;
- Prepare / review Country by Country Reporting information for respective legal entities;
- Facilitate / create reliable basis for tax cash planning;
- Ascertain timely identification and communication of tax risk & opportunities (e.g. use of withholding taxes / tax credits) – such in conjunction with ASML Corporate Tax Department;
- First contact towards to Taiwanese tax office and assist in preparation of response (from a financial input perspective) to queries on tax authorities in efficient & timely manner;
- Maintain / monitor tax related SOX controls;
4) People leadership and communication skills
- Will lead a team (3-5 persons) as part of Finance Global Enabling Services (GES) Financial Services Taiwan with others by professional functions
- Coordinate compliance and accounting related project together with the e.g. Tax and or the shared service center in Netherlands and Korea
- Minimum 12 years’ experience with either Taiwan/US CPA qualified or at least 5 years’ Big 4 or equivalent accounting experience in an international business environment.
- Strong understanding of financial accounting processes; Experience with automation of reporting processes in a SAP/Oracle environment and/or experience with e.g. robotics is a pre.
- Experience with Taiwanese tax compliance and tax certificate report preparation.Public
- Knowledge of / experience with applicable tax accounting rules in relation to US GAAP / IFRS / Local GAAP and related processes;
- Fluent in written & spoken English and Chinese
- Good analytical, communicative, leadership and social skills. Professional and ambitious attitude. Result oriented, team player with a big sense of responsibility;
- Capable of co-working with team members while maintaining higher level overview;
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues in other regions (Asia / Europe / US) and non-financial departments.