15 days ago - req27819
Metrology Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Is solving complex engineering problems in a multi-disciplinary team-effort your passion? Does working in a multi-cultural and international environment makes you spin? Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines makes you feel responsible and proud? If all this sounds like music to your ears, these Metrology Designer positionsmight be the right opportunity for you.
Metrology orchestrates the behavior of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. It is the brain of ASML lithography systems. To ensure ever shrinking of the integrated circuits printed by ASML machines, we need people who can help us build next-generation metrology products.
This is why we are looking for Metrology engineers who areexperts in requirements engineering and challenged by translating functional requirements into lean functional designs. We need highly motivated new colleagues who combine strong analytical reasoning and conceptual understanding with excellent communication skills.
- Your main tasks & responsibilities are:
- Participate in the definition of system level specification ofdifferent functions,like functionality, algorithms, performance and reliability.
- Troubleshoot on issues within our factory or at customer sites.
- Investigate failure modes of the system and figure out the containment that will buy time to find the root cause of a problem.
- Perform feasibility studies into required improvements, by means of experiments, simulation and analysis of existing (customer) data.
- Enable the realization of new functionality by interacting with specialist software designers in the project team.
- Integrate and test the function against the specification.
A Master’s degree or PhD in Physics, Applied Mathematics or similar.
- Experience with functional specification and integration.
- Experience with data analysis and modeling (preferably with Matlab or
- Experience designing algorithms and functional models. Able to break down a large problem into manageable components.
- Knowledge about the software development process.
- Experience with the Agile way of working.
- Experience with model-driven engineering or modeling.
- Team worker and excellent communicator
- Strong technical background and drive towards solutions.
- Solution minded and able to see and develop the bigger picture.
- Decisive and self-initiating
- Result focused and a “can do” spirit
- Ability to influence without power.
Context of the position
These positions areavailable within Functional Metrology Groups.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.