30+ days ago - req27881
Release Train Engineer Digital Workplace
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. ASML has its headquarters in Veldhoven the Netherlands and has R&D and manufacturing operations in North America, Asia and the Netherlands.
The ASML IT division supports information management, workplace and collaboration facilities, infrastructure, automation and optimization of key business processes across ASML. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal- and external activities. Currently the ASML IT department is in an Agile Transformation. SAFe is chosen as the scaling framework.
Consists out of three pillars:
- Connecting teams and stakeholders;
- Strive for greatness and bring out the best in your people and teams;
- Having a strong focus on continuous improvement within your Agile Release train (ART).
Your teammates and environment:
This role is situated in IT End-User Services, which is part of the ‘Core IT’ domain. Our people are proud to be best in class in enabling ASML's employees in their challenge to deliver high class services to our customers around the world. The Core IT portfolio exists of 8 ARTs and is growing. The teams are a mixture of young talent and senior specialists with a strong focus on delivering business value for our stakeholders.
You will be part of the Agile Release Train:
Digital Workplace (DW)
Digital Workplace provides workplace services for ASML staff world-wide as well as to 3rd party Suppliers. This includes laptops, special purpose devices, mobile device management, worldwide virtual desktops and Collaboration & Productivity services such as Office 365, Webcast, Intranet & Search and various other collaboration tools.
As the Release Train Engineer (RTE) you orchestrate the teams and ensure overall performance of your ART and the flow of work. Together with the Chief Product Owner (CPO) and the System Architect (SA) you are the Leading Coalition of the ART.
Skillset: facilitation skills with large teams, planning and organizational skills, coaching skills, change management skills, metrics and trend analysis and collaboration skills.
A grasp of your responsibilities and deliverables:
- Committed to delivery of the products of the ART, creating transparency and alignment by facilitating agile rituals (PI Events, Scrum of Scrums).
- Ensuring stability by continuous collaboration with the Group Leaders, Product Owners and Scrum Masters. You are responsible for the performance of the ART and you closely monitor the predictability, efficiency and employee engagement. Wherever possible you will work on continuous improvements together with your colleagues in the Leading Coalition and the teams.
- You are responsible for the delivery of ART completed stories, the program increment plans, track status of ART objectives and an up-to-date risks and impediments overview. As an RTE you also support the CPO in portfolio management and participate in RTE community.
- Closely monitoring the Train performance (data driven) is a key responsibility. You continuously challenge our teams and know how to keep our teams engaged in working towards the common goals.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an enabler, a professional who has a strong leadership mentality and has a strong background in project management or similar roles. Having acted in complex agile environments is key for success. As an RTE you can bring a solid technical background in the IT End-User Services domain, know how to challenge your teams and are a meticulous planner.
You need to be able to showcase expertise on scoping, planning, managing, execution and control of the initiatives and activities in your ART. Your ‘people skills’ are a key to being successful.
- At least 5 years of experience in the project management domain;
- At least 3 years of experience acting in similar positions in an agile setting;
- Technically savvy, strong focus on IT End-User Services;
- Experience in complex environments with stakeholders on multiple organizational levels;
- Experience with managing and facilitating changes in teams, explicitly looking at the ‘people side’;
- MSc. or Bsc. In the area of Information Management or equivalent;
- SAFe 5.0 experience, certified.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. An assessment will be part of the recruitment process.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.