30+ days ago - req27952
Agile RTE (Release Train Engineer) for Functional Team - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML, a market leader in the semiconductor lithography equipment, is looking to fill the role of Agile SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) within the Mechatronics Department in Wilton, CT. Candidate will be responsible for team leadership, execution, and reporting for the development and delivery of large, highly complex, mechatronic hardware & software systems.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- As an RTE you will lead the EUV Engineering Teams (Hardware & Software).
- Deep understanding of Agile and SAFe to guide and coach the Agile Teams on best practices.
- Lead multi-disciplined, development team of 30+ Engineers to ensure in-spec, on time, delivery.
- Ensure the overall performance of the Agile Release Train (ART) & strive for delivery excellence.
- Create transparency and alignment on ART status by coordinating and facilitating ART ceremonies.
- Ability to organize the Program Increment (PI) Planning Event on a large scale team.
- Optimize flow by tracking, reporting, and measuring ART Performance.
- Ensure delivery excellence by keeping the ART stable and shielding it from external interfaces.
- Defining the required competences for the ART and staffing the ART (functionally).
- Foster communities of practice and the use of engineering and built-in quality practices.
- Seek constant iteration for ART performance, improvement, risks & impediments.
- Align and interface frequently with internal resources and suppliers in the US and Europe.
- Create project plans (schedule, resources and material requirements) with assistance from Project Leadership.
- Regularly report on metrics and trend analysis for the ART while ensuring stakeholder alignment.
- Organize, plan and host multiple workshops between suppliers and ASML employees.
- Align with cross-sectors on regular basis to ensure on time delivery.
- Communicate upward and downward on regular basis.
- Understand proper escalation paths and acts accordingly.
- Delegate tasks and follow up by tracking to completion.
- Manage system and team interdependencies.
- Properly manage impact of changes of your system to the total machine.
- Relevant knowledge in one engineering discipline (mono or multi).
- Manage design and program risks as well as program requirements.
- Drive and lead the team to complete their deliverables while presenting and highlighting pertinent information to key stakeholders.
- Candidate is able to assess and address technical risk based on input of architects and design engineers to help mitigate scrum team risks.
B.S. Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Physics or similar Engineering degree is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in RTE or similar type of role
- 5 plus years of Agile experience is preferred.
- 2 plus years of engineering experience in a mechanical, mechatronics, electrical, or software engineering environment preferred.
- Previous semiconductor industry or precision engineering field experience is preferred
- Previous project management experience is preferred.
- Good planning and analytical skills, ability to lead multifunctional teams.
- Proven success in team or task management.
- Able to “lead”, not just, “manage” a team.
- Takes initiative by showing strong ownership and commitment.
- Clear decision maker and well-organized.
- Ability to multitask and make quick priority calls on a daily basis.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, required.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of engineering application areas and to work on problems spanning all technical fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech company.
- World class technical problems to solve.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability