20 days ago - req27909
Senior FEA Analysis Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
To use Numerical Methods and techniques to evaluate various designs and choose and recommend the best possible solution for the betterment of ASML products and goals.
Performs a variety of engineering tasks including providing inputs in designing & using finite element analysis tools to analyzesubassemblies and modules from a concept phase to a final design.Creates and evaluates designs to meet requirements of specified applications.Proficient in finite element analysis, including existing commercial tools, requirements for mesh generation, detailed treatment of boundary conditions, structural analysis, dynamic & modal analysis, thermal analysis & Multi-physics analysis dealing with fluids and solid interactions.Develops in-depth physics understanding of designs to predict & prevent failure modes.Researches and selects future key suppliers for consideration as turn-key providers of sub-systems.Develops resolutions to critical issues and broad design matters.Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products, or technologies.May assist in the negotiation of major contracts involving large dollar amounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generally free to determine work priorities based on general direction from managers. Proactively identifies potential issues and brings potential solutions to managers.
- Manages a light source sub-system project through direct technical advice, schematics/design, approvals, and collaboration with Development Engineering team.
- Provides a broad mechanical engineering design background and performs mechanical engineering analysis using commercial finite element analysis tools including structural, dynamic including modal, vibrations, & thermal analysis.
- Assumes engineering responsibility for module or subsystem design from concept design through manufacturing transfer and ramp.
- Assumes engineering responsibility for component and subassembly test development, data acquisition, analysis, and reporting.
- Maintain and update system level requirement docs
- Regular reviews/ carousels with projects:
- Review new designs & design changes on industrialization aspects (manufacturability, serviceability, modularity, etc.,)
- Monitor progress on reaching their system specifications
- Identify and solve cross-project issues. Involve SE (System Engineer) in case of important trade off.
- Where necessary increase group competence by literature research, experimental testing or supervision of external research partners
- Negotiate, define, document and present the specifications of architecture or subsystem
- Define (and organize) test plan to validate system architecture.
- Contribute, participate and define conceptual design during specification phases and ensure design qualifies & work as intended, in specification phases.
- Translate and perform function specifications into design, tested and released hardware.
- Creation and validation of new concepts from “art to part”. (Sketch to High Volume Manufacturing Part)
- Manages a project plan including key deliverables, timeline, and budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have advanced degree
- Requires a PhD Degree in Mechanical Engineering specializing in Finite element. May consider a masters in Mechanical Engineering specializing in Finite element analysis and a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience.
- Experience with doing structural, dynamic & thermal analysis on piece parts and complete systems required.
- Experience with verification and validation of Finite element analysis models with experimental analysis desired.
- NAFEMS PSE (Ref. www.nafems.org) certification desired.
Specialist in advanced technical skills.Individuals with a customer focus have developed the acumen to cultivate and develop lasting customer relations. Requires experience with product development.
- Previous experience with Semiconductor industry desired
- Expertise in Structural, dynamic & thermal analysis using Ansys Workbench is required.
- Expertise in Multiphysicsanalysis dealing with multiphase elements using Comsol is desired.
- Expertise in doing FEA analysis of brittle materials like glass and ceramic is desired.
- Expertise in doing FEA analysis on Adhesives is desired.
- In depth knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in solid modeling, Siemens NX desired.
- Experience in PLM software – Siemens Teamcenter desired
- Experience with phased new product development processes from concept through full production release.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats is required.
- Demonstrated creativity in solving complex design problems.
- Experience working in a team and have ability to mentor younger engineers
- Requires strong project management skills in managing projects/activities.
- Travel within and outside the US may be required.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Context of the position
Evaluate various design options and down select and optimize the best solution.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability