Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req28034
EUV Technical Support Engineer (M-F)
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at customer site and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local site Customer Support branches perform qualification, repair and maintenance for the customers within the specific region.
Drive the performance and maintain an overview and road map for scanner and source subsystems at customer site. The holder of this position reports to the EUV Group Leader and provides indirect and direct support to customers, and direct escalation and competency support to operations.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The EUV Competency Engineer will work with the Fab team engineers and system planners to provide escalation support including action plans, best known methods and competency knowledge. The EUV Competency Engineer will also work with non-local resources to solve escalated and structural issues, disseminate knowledge into the local team and provide project support per competency.
Your main responsibilities:
- Diagnose and determine root cause and provide action plans to maintenance engineers.
- Execute difficult and uncommon repairs.
- Provide beta test, project and coordination support.
- Review complex action plans upon request.
- Knowledge transfers to local site engineers and customer.
- Data analysis and define improvement and monitoring plans.
- Develop and implement best known methods on necessary topics.
- Improve service mix and structural issue documentation including initiation, review and improvement rollout.
Bachelors Degree in engineering or equivalent experience. Masters preferred.
- Engineers with greater than 5 years’ experience in a CS support department for high tech products.
- Engineers with at least 3 years of ASML micro-lithography system experience preferred.
- Must take ownership for solving issues and ensures escalations take place.
- Take proactive action for prevention or repeating error.
- Capable of resolving most issues without assistance & highly independent in a shift position.
- Ability to make decisions in the priority of problem solving.
- Work unsupervised and be responsible for projects, track equipment performance and prepare technical reports.
- Take initiative and ownership to increase skill and knowledge level in team.
- Document knowledge systematically and in an accessible way.
- Previous experience mentoring new hire engineers & helping integrate from a technical and procedural perspective.
- Clear and effective communication skills required.
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to thrive in a very dynamic and high pace environment.
- Multi-task team player with good ability to work under different working environment pressures.
- Open for cultural differences and able to work with a site of different cultures and WOW.
- Motivated, pro-active, self-driven, and flexible.
- Strong customer focus.
- Verbal and written language skills in English.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability