30+ days ago - req28091
Industrial Engineer YieldStar Sensing
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
The department Process Window Detection develops, integrates, tests and releases the Yieldstar platform, the Yieldstar Applications (ADI), and the In-Device Metrology Applications (AEI). We are also responsible for the System Integration of the Yieldstar Products.
The goal of the industrialization group in this department is to ensure that a Field or Factory Engineer can do his/her work well prepared, while having minimum disturbances and to continuously improve on this.
The mission of Applications Industrialization is to enable our engineers in the field and factory to be successful in supporting our customers, by reaching agreed performance while reducing costs.
As an expert in technical documentation and communication you will support factory and service
engineers to fulfil their tasks in a safe, efficient and effective way.
The job of industrialization engineer consists of the following:
- Translation of product specifications to requirements in product design and manufacturing and service processes such as factory cycle time and product availability.
- During the co-design phase you ensure the product is designed as such that it can be assembled in our factory and maintained at our customers within required timeframe and with high success rate.
- You do the preparation for the factory and service processes including all required assembly, test and service procedures, training documentation, definition of out of control action plans, diagnostics, Statistical Process Control parameters, tooling and spare parts.
- New product introduction by validating manufacturing and service procedures during prototype build, training our factory and service personnel and supporting them during pilot build and early customer introduction phase.
- If needed travel to solve complex problems on site within their expertise (international travel max 10%).
- Analysis of the performance in our factory and service organization and define improvements to meet initial product specification.
- Actively participating/owning the escalation from the field teams, working closely with Development and Customer Support, being a senior trusted product advisor.
Bachelor or Master Degree in a technical area or (technical) communication.
- At least 2-5 years of experience in a production and/or service environment with high tech products and complex production processes,providing back-line support for business critical applications, building independent knowledge transfer and sharing network, creating documentation and training's with attention to the details.
- Willingness to learn new top-of-the-edge technologies
- Experience with optics is preferred
- Result driven
- Fast learner
- Ability to define priorities and meet commitments
- Flexible and have a practical focus
- Strong technical background, interested in product and process
- Strong social and communication skills
- Stakeholder manager
- Get-on and do it mentality
- Team player
- Focused on quality, continuous improvement, customer satisfaction
- Very active, plenty of initiative
- Willingness for foreign travel (max 10%)
- Adequate English language skills, verbally and in writing
- Ability to troubleshoot issues on the system and mobilize colleagues to push for a solution.
- Ability to clearly describe complex details in an easy understandable manner.
- Goal orientated and able to take ownership.
Context of the position
Our group is responsible for providing the documentation for the maintenance, repair, and continuous improvement of ASML systems in our factories and at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process.
The Industrialization group is part of the PWD Software department focusing on (technical) factory and service engineering for the Yieldstar and other products within the business line Applications. The Industrial Engineers report to the group lead of the Industrialization group.
Keywords: Technical communications specialist, accurate, creative, customer-oriented.