14 days ago - req28067
Product Owner Wafer Stage
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Do you take the lead in driving complex mechatronic systems to successful deliveries? Do you have the technical background to lead a multidisciplinary team of mechatronics, mechanics, thermal, electronics and software professionals? Do you like to lead the design and improvement of our modules in co-operation with our key suppliers? Do you see the big picture without missing important details? Then we want to get in touch with you!
As product owner you will work with your scrum team, consisting of highly professional engineers with academic backgrounds and many years’ experience in the industry to deliver items that create the most value for the customer and what is best for ASML.
In the position of product owner you and your scrum team take responsibility for the development of mechatronic systems, consisting of hardware (mechanics, electronics) and (embedded) software for ASML’s lithographic products from specification through system integration and towards release for volume. You represent the voice of the customer to the team and provide business context, the why. You are able to clarify and translate the scope from our (internal) customers towards the scrum team and support the team members in the development of the design and improvements of our modules. You connect people to the customers to ensure we’re building the right thing and make our customers happy.
As product owner, you are with your scrum team responsible for the delivery of a mechatronic system or function in our product, on time, within budget and with the agreed quality. You balance business context, technical excellence and effort by managing, prioritizing and refining the team backlog. You are with your team responsible for making the technology choices, the specification, design, integration and qualification of mechatronic systems within the boundaries imposed by process and planning as required by our customers. You work in a concurrent engineering way according the SAFe principles. You pro-actively drive the development work in your team. But above all, you will use your leadership and teamwork skills to solve problems and optimize team performance.
- Manage (multidisciplinary) team deliverables, risks, dependencies (in- and outside the ART), x-sector deliverables, co-developers and suppliers (delivery, time, cost), stakeholders and escalations
- Manage and translate the delivery of specifications, designs, prototypes and test plans in your scrum team that meet the requirements of the ASML development program.
- Work closely with the System Architects to ensure all work including enablers are properly prioritized, understood and no mortgage to the future of the architecture.
- Attend the team’s daily stand-up meeting to understand the team’s progress and impediments toward the Iteration goals.
- Attend the PO sync to discuss progress, issues to be solved and inform at system demos the achievements towards stakeholders to keep them informed and engaged
- Meet with Epic Owners, Project Managers, Product Management and stakeholders regularly to field questions and inform them of any updates or changes to scope
Technical University Masters in Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics or Physics.
- Multiple years of experience as a product owner in a scrum environment, or several years of experience in project management of complex technical projects cooperating with technical professionals.
- Multiple years of experience in developing, integrating, testing and realization of volume production for complex multidisciplinary products, preferably high tech production equipment.
- Solid technical background (both theoretical and practical) in one or more of the following disciplines: mechatronics, mechanics or electronics.
- Affinity with managing integral business processes in fast growing and dynamic business environments.
- Highly motivated, enthusiast, flexible and ability to think and act on a strategic level.
- Excellent communications skills to talk to customers on their requirements and understanding the business context; the why; in order to translate this to the understanding and needs of your team.
- Taking ownership, Minimal Viable Product thinking, long term planning, can do mentality.
- Lead and work with a multidisciplinary team as people manager, give direction and motivate.
- Think broad, learn fast, take responsibility, act decisive and show critical sense.
- Help creating the change towards a flexible and agile organization.
- Convince others of your ideas.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Good knowledge of English.
Context of the position
The department Mechatronics Systems Development is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems and components which fit into ASML end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components for transporting/positioning of wafers and reticles and adjustments of optical elements.Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems are part of this department’s main competences.