29 days ago - req28016
Senior Optical Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Do you get energy from working in a dynamic, international environment? Do you take ownership of results and are you a team player with strong communication skills? Do you have a passion for technology? Then working on ASML’s EUV Source Laser system to keep Moore’s law alive is your job!
The mission of the Senior Design Engineer is to design, integrate & validate sustainable and reliable state of the art EUV source technology. You work with a multidisciplinary team (physics, mechanics, mechatronics, software, electronics, etc.) and ensure an effective and smooth transfer to your internal customers (customer support, manufacturing). You know what your (internal) customers need, and provide (on site) support in case complex issues arise they cannot handle.
As a design engineer in the EUV Beam Measreument & Controls group, you will work on the design and integration of modules of the final focusing assembly (FFA). You identify & analyze CO2 Laser system performance and availability issues, provide a temporary solution for our (internal) customer to continue operation, while you determine the root cause and design, integrate & validate a structural solution. This responsibility requires a high level of multidisciplinary technical knowledge combined with good communication skills and a big drive to make things happen.
- MSc. or PhD in physics, mechanical engineering, electronic engineering, mechatronics or similar with a strong background/affinity with optics.
- At least a 5 years of experience within ASML or another multidisciplinary environment with setting up product specifications, analysis and integration.
- Team player: collaborate with the team and being culturally aware,
- Able to deal and perform under pressure
- You are able to build a network to provide solutions in a complex system
- You take lead in and drive for structural and sustainable solutions
- Highly committed and flexible
- Strong communicator. Candidate has to be fluent in English language
Context of the position
The source laser department within Development & Engineering is responsible for the high power CO2 laser required for EUV light generation to support our high productivity EUV scanners. The group Beam Measurement and Control is responsible for the metrology and the on-target positioning and focusing of the high power CO2 laser. The engineering competences in the group consists mainly of physics, optics, mechatronics and metrology. We work closely with our suppliers to design and deliver hardware and software. The main HW consists of a metrology module and actuators to manipulate the CO2 beam.