16 days ago - req28107
Supplier Quality Engineer
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
ASML supports the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. ASML creates lithographic systems that the semiconductor industry needs to achieve these goals. This can only be accomplished with a strong cooperation with ASML’s suppliers.
Are you interested in and/or experienced in proactively managing your technical suppliers? Do you understand the product design of high tech machinery? Would you be the linking pin between our suppliers and our Development & Engineering (D&E) teams? Do you have ownership to make sure that our suppliers deliver the right quality and quantity on time? Would you like to further develop your result driven approach and your excellent stakeholder management skills? Experience with Design for Six Sigma and SPC is a plus.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) within Development & Engineering you will be operating in a fast paced and multidisciplinary development environment.
The SQE maintains and develops the relation with the suppliers with the purpose to create an optimal engineering collaboration between the suppliers and ASML. Using your personal skills, you will work closely together with the suppliers & ASML development teams to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the product generation process, in alignment with the ASML project plan. The main goal of this cross-sector activity is to secure an excellent quality of parts delivered by our suppliers.
Within the D&E organization, the SQE is the primary responsible person, from early supplier involvement until the product design and supplier process is mature enough to be released for volume. Using your in-depth technical knowledge, analytic thinking, political antenna and excellent people skills, you work closely with suppliers to build up intimate knowledge of their IP and technological capabilities. The SQE is part of the D&E project team and, therefore, interfaces with project leaders, design engineers, architects, manufacturing & customer support engineers, logistics, procurement, etc.
The main responsibilities are:
- Coordinating role with respect to all SQE activities (incl. other SQE colleagues) within the allocated project.
- Early supplier involvement in the D&E project to secure that technology expertise of ASML and supplier are merged in the best way.
- Ensure that not only parts quality, however, also manufacturability and serviceability aspects are covered in the design phase.
- Document the D&E project collaboration, including supplier & ASML responsibilities and roles via a Statement of Work (SoW).
- New product introduction (NPI) and supplier selection.
- Deliverables that secure parts quality from suppliers in the ASML product generation process, such as:
- Acceptance of the design and/or specification
- Complete & detailed parts qualification process
- Acceptance of qualified parts
- Process flow and Process failure mode effect analysis
- First article inspection
- Define and maintain supplier interface processes, such as:
- Issue resolution
- Qualification deviation
- Configuration & change management
- ASML factory disturbances
- Contribute to supplier development to improve operational excellence by driving execution of existing agreements, improvement actions, and participation in supplier audits.
Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering
As a starting SQE (0 - 5 years) experience. Affinity with high-tech industry, and complex modules, with a focus on supplier quality management or part quality or project management in engineering. We encourage candidates with experience with Quality systems and – methods to apply for this vacancy (preferably Six Sigma Green of Black Belt) as well as candidates with experience in engineering towards production processes.
The following personal skills are crucial for a successful execution:
- Supplier Management
- Ability to initiate, influence and steer without formal authority.
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions
- Unraveling complex situations and converting them into clear overviews
- Being able to distinguish main issues from side issues
- Strong networker with good negotiating skills
- Strong communicator.
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions.
- Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive.
- Flexible, result driven and committed.
- Team player
- Process oriented
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Dutch; highly recommended
Context of the position
Within ASML, D&E is responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. This responsibility also includes the specification and trade-offs across sectors.
The department supplies resources, means and methods and technology to ensure the parts quality in all product phases. The SQE interfaces with suppliers, project leads development, customer Support, Manufacturing, Engineers and Procurement.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require