30+ days ago - req28235
Senior Overlay Control Engineer for EPE product development
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mathematics, Other technical job categories
Are you inspired to contribute improving today’s chip manufacturing yield? Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the capabilities and the drive to provide effective solutions to complex technical problems under challenging time constraints? Are you able to manage the gap between patterning performance on wafer and what is needed for our customers to achieve high device yield?
Please contact us today. We currently have an opportunity for an Overlay Control Engineer in the On Product Performance Overlaygroup.
As an Overlay Control Engineer you will be a key player in developing applications to make the wafer pattern performance meet our customer’s demands. You will be responsible for predicting, trouble-shooting and optimizing the patterning performance on actual product wafers.
To meet customer’s demands, ASML develops control applications that optimize wafer performance by tuning scanner and other knobs. To do this successfully we need to be able to characterize the pattern variation and to link this to possible tuning knobs. The better we can control the pattern fidelity, the better the performance of our customer’s chips are.
You will need to develop expertise in how manufacturing processes influence patterning performance with focus on Overlay from Litho and etching aspects. Furthermore, it is important to understand how modeling and measurement artefacts may influence your data and your conclusions. You will need to understand why and how patterning performance affects device performance.
You are expected to create test plans and DOEs, carry out data analyses, report results and draw conclusions. Interfacing with imec, other projects, marketing, customer support and customers themselves, is expected!
You will be part of a group of people with similar competencies, working together to lift their know-how to new levels year-after-year, making sure to be prepared for challenges ahead. You will contribute to roadmaps and competence management plans.
In our group there are various possibilities, amongst which:
- Development of new solutions by doing feasibility studies atcustomer.
- Supporting product delivery by defining requirements for improved control functionalities, qualifying and assessing our new products and facilitating an effective transfer to ASML’s customer support group or to customers themselves.
- Participating in Node Transition Projects (NTP) with our customers. In these projects we help the customer to prepare for new nodes by identifying, measuring, and solving future performance limitations.
Solid technical background (MSc/PhD in Physics, Computer science, Electrical engineering, Nano technology or related field), with >5 years’ experience in the semiconductor industry, preferably in lithography, etch and process integration.
Our ideal candidate has experience in:
- Analyzing semiconductor manufacturing data, including partitioning into relevant performance contributors via root cause and sensitivity analysis with statistical methods.
- Creating tooling in development languages such as Python and Matlab.
- Translating technical and functional questions into an efficient design of experiment.
- Fundamental experience in LithoInSight incl. estimation and optimization
- Your profile is perfected by one or more of the following expertise’s:
- Hands on semiconductor manufacturing and measurement experience
- Understanding of semiconductor design rules and their application
- Robust personality.
- Strong pragmatic attitude with an analytical view.
- Self-propelling with a lot of initiative and drive. Able to initiate, influence, steer.
- Out-of-the-box thinker.
- Team player, responsible and reliable.
- Great focus on collaboration and achieving great results by reusing existing solutions
- Able to distinguish main matters from side issues. Able to develop a vision.
- Excellent communicator. Knows how to convey complex topics in an understandable fashion.
- Convincing. Speaks up. Able to convey a vision.
- Flexible and committed.
Context of the position
The position is available within Applications business line, On Product Performance Overlay& Alignment department, Overlay Control group.
Working at ASML as an Overlay Control Engineer is about being part of a dynamic, fast-paced community, facing unprecedented challenges at the forefront of technology together. You will find an open environment, offering myriad possibilities to take charge of your career, to be inspired and to have fun.
Semiconductor process, performance analysis, overlay, lithography, modeling, mathematics, physics, semiconductor industry, semiconductor process integration