Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req28202
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Logistics & supply chain management
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
The Sourcing Lead has responsibility for the overall relationship between ASML and a set of our key suppliers. Current suppliers will be managed for performance, while potential new suppliers will be uncovered and readied for future business as needed. This position requires a combination of skills in strategic thinking, leadership, initiative, professional communication, financial/business analysis, and is greatly aided by a background in engineering or technology.
This is an outstanding opportunity in our Wilton, CT facility to join our Procurement team. In this position you will manage assigned suppliers and an overall commodity (supply base) to ensure ASML is supported by world-class suppliers delivering on time, at spec, and at the lowest total cost. You will be expected to actively pursue continuous improvement with current suppliers and potential suppliers. You will be expected to continually explore opportunities arising from process and product improvements, new technology, alternative materials and suppliers, enhancements in supply chain activities, cost reduction programs and any other opportunities that may present a competitive advantage. The key duties involved in this position include:
- Monitors developments and trends within the supply base and ensures ASML is prepared to react appropriately
- Drives supplier selection activities by leading one or more Sourcing Teams
- Negotiates Long Term Supply Agreements (LTSA), NPI Agreements, and associated addenda
- Monitors contractual compliance of the supplier as well as ASML
- Drives continuous cost and lead time reduction
- Prepares supplier spending forecasts
- Monitors supplier financial health
- Ensures all communication to the supplier is coordinated and consistent
- Executes the QLTC (supplier performance measurement) process
- Prepares for, leads, and follows-up from SAT (“Supplier Account Team”) meetings
- Drives supply base rationalization within the commodity
- Initiates and drives closure on supplier corrective action requests (SCARs) and Non-Conformancies
- Participates in supplier quality audits and drives closure of findings
Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Engineering is required. An MBA is strongly preferred
Candidate should have a minimum of 7-10 years of progressive experience in supplier management preferably in a high-tech, international manufacturing environment. A deep understanding of one or more technology-related supply chains is strongly preferred. Due to the strategic nature of the commodities involved, a proven track record in developing strong business relationships with key suppliers and experience in developing and executing long term agreements is required. Experience with complex negotiations, problem solving, strategic planning and financial analysis are essential. Ability to travel domestically and internationally required.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Negotiation skills are critical. Candidate needs to be able to operate effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally. The ability to lead cross-functional teams is essential to performing the job. Must be able to professionally represent ASML to outside companies. Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques is a plus and a strong familiarity with technology manufacturing is highly preferred. Must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where multi-tasking is the norm. Must be proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of SAP is a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fast paced
- Constant multi-tasking
- Lots of people interaction
- Continuous change Mix of strategic as well as tactical issues
- Multi-disciplined (engineering, business, manufacturing, etc.)
- Highly matrixed
- Multi-cultural and international (both in terms of national as well as corporate cultures
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability