30+ days ago - req28326
Design Engineer OPP Overlay Performance
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Would you like to work in a multidisciplinary team, working on cutting edge technology, providing innovative wafer fab solutions to our customer’s challenges? Then, this position might be the right fit for you.
As a Design Engineer On-Product Overlay in D&E Applications you contribute to the development of innovative overlay control solutions that optimize the overlay of layers in product wafers, thereby helping our customers to optimize their production ramp-up and yield.
As a Design Engineer On-Product Overlay you will be responsible to strengthen our knowledge of on-product overlay, to understand and validate the physical contributors to on-product overlay and to address and minimize their impact by developing innovative overlay control solutions. You will be working in the Technology Program, executing studies, performing data and root cause analyses, providing input to product definition, and creating early prototypes for innovative control solutions. The work will be executed by working closely with our innovation partners and customers.
You are expected to take a proactive role in identifying and addressing current and future challenges and needs of our customers in driving their required on-product overlay performance. Therefore you are proactively reaching out to customer project teams and cross-sector stakeholders. You are able to combine different views, take them along in your own propositions and inspire commitment of others.
In this job you will:
- Execute studies in our Technology Program to address our customers (future) challenges in achieving their on-product overlay performance; understand and validate the physical root causes of overlay contributors arising both from customer wafer processing and customer usage of our scanner and metrology
- Propose novel control solutions to address the root causes found and minimize their contribution to the on-product overlay performance budget
- Drive early feasibility studies to assess the performance gain of proposed control solutions and provide input to product definition
- Document and deploy your findings in the organization, and drive towards decision making in close alignment with your cross-sector stakeholders
- Be responsible for designing and prototyping overlay analysis methods and control solution models in Matlab and for (customer) data analysis
You will need to combine your analytical thinking with creative problem-solving abilities to understand the underling physics and develop innovative control solutions. This includes deep-diving in your data analyses, ideation and filing IP, presenting and publishing your results bothinternally and externally, building commitment of your stakeholders for your ideas and propositions, and driving towards productive conclusions.
PhD or MSc. degree in Physics, Mathematics or Engineering (Mechanical, Optical, Electrical, Chemical), with a solid background in statistics, data analysis, process control, semiconductor process technology and/or semiconductor device physics.
- At least 2-3 years of relevant R&D work experience in ASML or in the semiconductor industry
- Experience with developing SW prototype models, preferably in Matlab, Python or similar
- Experience with statistical data analysis
- Creativity, taking initiative, discipline and team spirit.
- Strong analytical skills combined with a pragmatic problem solving attitude.
- Proactive team player with good communicational skills and able to connect people.
- Ambition to identify improvement opportunities, striking the right balance between quality and delivery speed.
- Good knowledge of English.
Context of the position
The Business Line (BL) Applications provides integrated solutions with metrology and process control SW products for extendibility and improved efficiency of lithography products and processes. Within Development & Engineering in BL Applications, the On-Product Performance (OPP) Overlay Performancegroup is part of the PWC Overlay and Alignment department. The group is responsible for the cross-functional and performance integration of overlay control solutions that optimize the overlay of layers in product wafers, aiming to improve our customer’s production yield. The overlay control solutions we develop comprise overlay metrology, control SW applications and scanner actuation to minimize overlay errors.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive
package in local markets where ASML is active.
Semiconductor, device, process, processing, optics, lithography, overlay, engineering, precision metrology, data analyses, statistics, application, process control, system stability control, metrology, product development, performance integration