30+ days ago - req28393
Field Application Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Applications Engineering – Creating Tomorrow’s Value : We pro-actively enable business development and drive customer adoption of a tailored portfolio of sustainable ASML solutions by applying our industry product and process knowledge in a collaborative learning environment.
You are responsible for providing solutions to lithography applications problems related to the optimization of the ASML scanner and its applications performance enhancement options. You will use personally accumulated knowledge supported by a worldwide applications & ASML headquarters’ network, combined with analytical skills to analyze and identify opportunities for ASML scanner optimizations towards improving customer’s on-product performance. Driven by a determination to never give up, you’ll troubleshoot lithography issues potentially related to ASMLs product portfolio. You will do this in close collaboration with the customer, and often connected to the introduction of a new technology node for high volume manufacturing.Your scope exceeds the overlay and imaging/focus performance of ASML’s lithographic equipment, masks, (integrated-) metrology, and the choices that are made by the customer on process set-up and control. Your proposals for application product improvement can cover a wide variety of solutions concerning process fingerprint root cause analysis, scanner set-up and usage, choices in process control strategies, metrology mark choice and design as well optimization.You are expected to grow into a role where you are able to represent ASML as a technical expert in the field and get recognition of this by the customer. Since you will be working intimately with customers and sensitive customer data, a high level of integrity is required for securing confidentiality, while at the same time being able to translate customer issues into problem statements for ASML.
- Maximize the application of ASML products & options to the benefit of the customer.
- Participate in pro-actively identifying ASML applications product opportunities for our customer.
- Drive customer software requirements and engage in X- BL functions to ensure the SW quality is maintained from the development to implementation phase.
- Document and provide training on procedures, processes, best known methods to aid customers in use of ASML products.
- Ability to build additional diagnostics capabilities through dashboard, drive structural software fixes for various application products interaction in a centralized computing platforms.
- Join customers in experimentation to ensure that they are performed in an efficient manner for accuracy and demonstrate ASMLs product value.
- Deep understanding of the Application hardware and how solutions can be implemented in the customer infrastructure.
- Meet with internal and external customers to maintain two-way level of commitment to keep all involved and affected parties informed of progress.
- Ability to challenge, collaborate and drive for results in cross functional team locally and with the central organization.
- Drive for Application hardware system from NPI to HVM maturity levels to be able to sustain the mission critical platform and applications products tied to the customer operations.
- Prepare technical presentations to provide new user support and assists sales in technical presentations.
- Participate and/or lead projects which are aimed at supporting our customer transition to a new technology node or ramp up a specific technology node on the centralized computing platform.
- Define and drive customer requirements for existing or evaluation products based on technical intimacy with the customer.
- Traveling up to 30% per year to ASML headquarters or customers can be part of the job. Up to 50% of cleanroom work.
MSc or PhD in Physics, Optics, Electronics, Micro-electronics, Mechanical, Material Science, Computer science or Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- New college graduates with applicable (university) research lab experience or applicable thesis in the mentioned education areas.
- Professional with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an IC manufacturing environment with a strong emphasis on lithography, metrology, or the application of imaging and overlay solutions in semiconductor production processes.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Challenge the status quo to strive for improvements that adds value.
- Thinking critically and creatively about the situation in order to take calculated risk.
- Encouraging open communication and asking questions to understand different views and get to the heart of the issue.
- Understanding how actions affect the cost and quality of the end products.
- Standardizing and simplifying to add value.
- Aligning goals and making expectation clear to others.
- Celebrating success and the contributions of others.
- Partnering with the members in our ecosystem to adapt quickly to their needs and industry insights.
- Asking for, accepting and providing feedback to drive development.
- Learning from each other to avoid repeating mistakes.
- Seeking collaboration across the entire value chain and matrix organization.
- Creating clarity on our goals, targets, roles and responsibilities.
- Taking ownership and responsibility for our decisions and keeping our promises.
- Making an effort to understand stakeholders and what matters to them.
- Providing a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Respecting each other and embracing diversity.
- Caring for our environment and avoiding waste.
- Recognizing the importance of our own mental and physical well-being and that of others.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability