30+ days ago - req28386
Global Tech Support Engineer
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Provides technical support associated with Cymer laser products for Integrator and Chipmaker Operations.Provides comprehensive technical engineering support for escalations and other technical issues requiring resolution and support to our Field Operations. Key interfaces include account team and program engineering, Cymer Field Service, and Site.
- Serves as a specialist who applies, analyzes and interprets a variety of standard theories, concepts, methods, and techniques to a limited range of issues within a single technical area using imaginative as well as practical solutions.
- Provides technical support to field engineers, local technical support engineers, and integrator site operations engineers including diagnosis, troubleshooting, and repair support.
- Uses established escalation and service management processes to provide timely responses to field situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment.
- Reports design, reliability, and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering and assists in problem communication and solution implementation to integrator operations/regional support personnel.
- Provides containment support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
- Identifies issues emanating from integrator and service operations that require engineering change.Utilizes established change management & field change processes to follow-through with appropriate documentation and implementation for regional service & support organization(s).
- Provides support and adheres to corporate processes associated with new product introduction, released products, quality, technical service reporting, field service communications, etc.
- Collects data and provides data package and feedback to Global Product Support Subject Matter Experts so that design, reliability, maintenance problems or bugs can be submitted to design engineering/software engineering.
- Works with Subject Matter Experts to define and scope troubleshooting procedures, Technical Bulletins, Field Service Alerts and Field Changes Orders.
- Provide input, creation and management of processes improvements within department to enhance productivity.
- Responsible for Material Management related to escalation support
- Bi-directional liaison for field requests and CIP
- Maintain KPI reporting for GPS
- Administer development, testing, and release of Field Tools through standard processes and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BSEE or BSME with experience in a related Semiconductor Equipment discipline, or equivalent experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting and/or customer service on electronic systems
- Applies thorough knowledge of design methodologies. Basic knowledge in utilizing design engineering tools including the capability of statistically analyzing data and reporting it in graphical formats (trend charts, CpK, Control Charts, Gauge R&R Studies).
- Requires advanced experience using one or more of the following software packages: ProEngineer, Excel, LabView, JMP, MS Project, Oracle DMR, Agile.Java, Visual Basic programming knowledge is desired but not required.
- Must have a combination of and/or significant strengths in electronics, software, mechanical engineering, optics.
- Must possess knowledge of Deep Ultra Violet (DUV) equipment installation and support, i.e. stepping and or scanning “Photo Lithography Imaging” systems, DUV metrology systems, DUV excimer lasers or specific DUV Beam Delivery Systems
- System performance related data analysis, system troubleshooting, and applied technical problem solving skills are essential.
- Must have significantly contributed to the successful completion of one or more projects.
- In depth knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret complex situations as required to develop appropriate actions.
- For regions - oral and written English language skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Applied technical support/field service experience in semiconductor photolithography/semiconductor fab environment is highly desired.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability