25 days ago - req28430
Business Controller Sales
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
The Business Controller Sales is responsible for making the financial translation of our global customer contracts including scenario analysis, revenue forecasting and guidance on revenue recognition. The position is the linking-pin between the account teams, local business controllers and the central revenue accounting & reporting department of ASML. It is a challenging position in a hectic, dynamic and international oriented environment with tight deadlines and direct impact on ASML’s financial results. A position with many growth opportunities within ASML.
The focus in this position is twofold. Firstly supporting the account team, sales deal structuring team as well as the Business Line controllers with financial scenario analysis before deal closure. Secondly ensuring correct revenue forecasting and recognition of the global customer contracts throughout the contract lifecycle and giving input to the Global Enabling Services – Record to Report team who will account for the sales transactions.
- Ensure proper and timely execution of scenario analysis to account teams and business line controllers for global customer contracts mainly related to systems and option sales;
- Collaborate with the sales deal structuring team to give timely insights in the financial impact on deal proposals and contract negotiations;
- Monitor the execution of sales deals and reflect updates in the monthly forecasting of systems and options sales for multiple sales accounts;
- Reviewing and interpretation of customer contracts to ensure compliance with US GAAP and IFRS revenue recognition guidance (ASC606 / IFRS15)
- Work with Sales management, Business Control, Accounting Experts, Legal, Customs, Tax and Treasury to ensure timely contract closure;
- Liaise with Global Enabling Services – Market to Cash, Record-to-Report, Operations, Sales, Business Control and the Business Lines throughout the execution of the contract to ensure proper revenue recognition in external reporting;
- Provide ad-hoc support for accounting related questions from our Sales Account managers and/or Business Controllers;
- Proactively seek for continuous improvements in the execution of activities, improving efficiency and quality;
- Adding quality and value to information by providing solid analysis and scenario’s;
Academic degree in Finance and/or Business Economics. RA degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 Years of relevant experience, preferably at one of the big 4 audit firms;
- Knowledge and experience with US GAAP and IFRS revenue recognition guidance;
- Experience/knowledge of data analytics is an advantage.
- Multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural understanding
- Committed and flexible (go the extra mile)
- Fluent in English
- Professional and ambitious attitude
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good communicative skills
- Proactive / hands-on attitude
- Has integrity and is compliance-minded
- Strives for continuous improvement
Context of the position
The ASML Finance Mission Statement is as follows:
Add value to ASML by supporting our company’s business and driving financial performance on a world class level.
To achieve this, we will:
- Act as a recognized business partner by supporting decisions on all levels by guiding on and deploying of cross sector, operational measures and processes;
- Protect the business by securing corporate governance,integrity and risk mitigation;
- Realize cost effective transactional and financial processes on a global scale;
- Maintain a learning environment where people can grow and challenge each other with high commitment, the right flexibility and continuous improvement in mind.
The Business Controller Sales reports to the Senior Manager Customer Value Analytics. He/she interacts with various departments and layers in and outside of finance.