30+ days ago - req28408
Engineer D&E for overlay application product implementation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
We are Applications - a new business line within ASML, one of the world market leaders in scanning lithography technology. We create application products that run in the most modern semiconductor fabs in the world, and we are always pushing the boundary of what is possible.
The Applications Development & Engineering department develops, integrates, and qualifies functional modules and application packages in the area of wafer metrology (critical dimension and overlay) and wafer fab applications (performance control applications). Additionally we provide technical consulting to our customers, by designing and helping to implement integral solutions for on-product performance based on the products developed by ASML.
As member of a strong multidisciplinary team you enjoy developing application products used in daily customer practice. These products deal with performance monitoring and control of on-product overlay performance under high-volume manufacturing conditions. The job includes collecting customer functional requirements, detailing the design of the product, explaining technical and mathematical content to software engineering teams, and functional verification of the product.
You will work in close collaboration with the customer, our development partners, and internal stakeholders.
You deal with various challenging topics, covering a wide variety of solutions such as scanner setup and usage, ASML application products, choices in wafer alignment and process control strategies, alignment- and overlay-mark choice and design, mask and wafer routing, and process optimization.
An essential part of the role is a strong interest in software development and proven skills in working in small teams (AGILE SCRUM way-of-working).
Flexibility to adopt functional knowledge on a variety of subjects such as imaging, wafer alignment, and wafer fab processes such as etching, polishing is needed.
You are expected to represent ASML as an expert in the field and to get recognition of this by the customers. Since you will be working intimately with customers and sensitive customer data, a high level of integrity is required for securing confidentiality, while at the same time being able to give input to product managers and system engineers for ASML product improvements.
- Engineering of “given” solutions.
- Translation into SW (Matlab, C++, Java).
- Perform data analysis with models and algorithms on customer data.
- Create functional design proposals for improving the on-product performance.
- Help implementing and executing the proposal at the customer.
- Support implementation of solutions for on-product overlay monitoring, control and improvements into application products.
- Maximize the application of ASML products to the benefit of the customer
- Participate actively in identifying future product features
- Traveling a few times per year to customers worldwide can be part of the job.
Master degree in Physics, Mathematics, or Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical), with a solid background in some of the following fields: statistics, data analysis, control theory, (semi-conductor) process technology, semi-conductor device physics, and/or design for experiment.
+1 year of experience in an industrial research, development, or process control organization is a pre. Experience within the semiconductor industry is highly desirable, but not a must.
- You should first of all be passionate about technology and should be excited by the idea that his work will impact millions of end-users worldwide.
- You should be analytical, product and quality-oriented.
- You like to investigate issues, you are creative in solving problems and you do not fear to present your solutions.
- You are open-minded, you like to discuss about technical challenges and you want to push the boundaries of technology.
- You are an innovator and you constantly seek to improve your knowledge and your work.
- You are a role model for your team and they trust your technical as well as interpersonal and coaching skills.
- You take ownership and you support your team, you are the backbone of your group.
- You are client and quality oriented – you do not settle for second best solutions, but you strive to find the best ways to acquire top results.
Context of the position
The holder of this position reports to the AD DE On-Product Performance Overlay group manager, interacts with a product owner/ scrum master and operates within multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
An assessment can be part of the selection process.
Keywords Semiconductors, Lithography, Overlay, Engineering, SPC, APC, Applications, Data Analysis, Matlab, Java