14 days ago - req28407
Manufacturing & Equipment Engineer Sensors
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
ASML in Veldhoven is seeking a Manufacturing & Equipment Engineer to work in the D&E Sensors department.
Primary job function is to introduce new products, corresponding processes and service requirements from development into (volume) production both at ASML factory and customer sites worldwide. Continuously adapting and optimizing these, while also providing support in connection with other sectors of the ASML organization.
Your activities will be, among others, as follows:
- Represent the factory and field organizations in the co-design phase and make sure the operational requirements are implemented in the design at an early stage;
- Review technical documentation of the multidisciplinary development team;
- Interface with internal and external customers regarding the build and test of assemblies and final products;
- Contribute to the rapid solution of complex faults and take the necessary initiative to identify and implement structural improvements;
- Create and give presentations to transfer knowledge to the factory and field organizations;
- Contribute to the product generation process by ensuring availability and maintainability targets for new designs are met and giving feedback to development projects based on factory and field performance analysis;
- Analyze the production and customer process within an ASML subsystem; point out structural problems and bottlenecks, work out suggestions for improvements and initiate their implementation, often in close cooperation other ASML organizations such as Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Customer Support.
Bachelor or Master Degree in Physics, Mechatronics, Mechanical, Optical Engineering or other technical area.
- 0-5 years’ experience;
- Good balance between hands on technical skills and theoretical technical knowledge;
- Experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production processes is an advantage.
- Team player with excellent speaking and writing skills in English;
- Pro-active mindset with plenty of initiative;
- Customer focus, analytical skills, flexible attitude and commitment are key for this role;
- Willingness to travel (incidentally).
Context of the position
Within ASML, the sector D&E is responsible for the specification, design and engineering, integration and qualification of the ASML products. In this sector, departments with different competences are responsible for the various modules of the ASML products. Each department consists of discipline and/or function oriented groups where emphasis lies on particular competences or functions in ASML equipment.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.