24 days ago - req28597
Lead Engineer Mechanical Constructions DuV
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering disciplines? Do you want to work within a dedicated team to achieve breakthroughs? Do you have interest in a being a part of a high-qualified international oriented family? Are you in for developing your personal skills by being pro-active and inquisitive? You have a minimum of 10 years of experience and minimum a bachelor education? If so, then the job of Lead Engineer at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
To contribute to the development of products by designing, creating and testing sub-systems within the restrictions imposed by system specifications, costs and planning considerations.
Working on the design of one or more products, creating designs with a small team of mechanical experts in project setting. Continuously improving quality of mechanical design is a main requirement.
The Lead Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of specific mechanical functions, he/she is working together with the architect, team lead and (jr) designers, to enable reliable, stable, safe, contamination free, cost effective and easy to manufacture/service products.
- Specifies and designs modules and related parts supporting different (sub)systems.
- Is a technical leader to define the solution and guide several engineers as well as managing supplier feedback.
- Is responsible to apply the correct mechanical construction principles.
- Realizes the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of various tests.
- Designs and realizes tests and appliances and is responsible for ensuring that prototypes are built and tests are carried out.
- Is responsible for the technical product documentation and design implementation towards manufacturing and field service.
- Work with co-developers and external supplying parties to timely deliver to your project on site at ASML or at co-developer sites.
Technical University Masters in Mechanics or Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a development and engineering organization with the realization of supporting structures and service mechanisms.
- Knowledge of machine directives.
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability of mechanical parts and of designing on stiffness.
- 3D CAD modeling (preferable UG/NX).
- Experience with evaluating FEM / mechanical Analysis results.
- Must have before candidates will start: Knowledge of NX, construction principles and geometric dimensioning and tolerance
- Sheet Metal design
- Knowledge of engineering, adhesion technology, static load design and high precision alignment
- Preferred: ASML way of Working experience.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Good knowledge of English and preferably Dutch language
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Ability to achieve alignment between multiple projects, of which some are located abroad.
- Pro-active attitude in getting the information and aligning with multiple level stakeholders
- Helicopter view. Easily can determine priorities and main risks
- Good analytical skills. Works structured
- Show ownership in not only implementing a module, but a function.
- Critical on results
- Drive for quality and improve reliability, availability, manufacturability & serviceability for new and existing ASML products and the capability to implement design improvements.
- Module integration in Sub Systems from OEM partners / co-developers.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Eager to drive his/her own development.
Context of the position
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Chip-making equipment. ASML is a multinational company with offices in 60 cities in 16 countries, Headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. We employ more than 17.500 people. Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of the ASML products.
The Lead Engineer reports to the team leader Mechanical Constructions and Functional Architect. The Lead Engineer is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.