30+ days ago - req28564
Manufacturing and Equipment engineer - Upgrade Integrator
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Are you the enthusiastic technical leader who understands what needs to be delivered to the sectors to industrialize the DUV systems in an efficient and effective way? Would you like to aim for operational excellence and enable our internal customers to effectively and efficiently execute their work in the factory and field. Can you use your vision in combination with organizational, analysis andcommunication skills to steer the system availability, optimal build sequence, manufacturing installand upgrade cycle time and operational costs improvements? Are you really passionate about industrialization challenges? Then the role of DUV Industrialization Manufacturing and Equipment engineer - Upgrade Integrator is just for you!
The Manufacturing and Equipment engineer - Upgrade Integrator is responsible for the management, planning, preparation and execution of deliverables needed for system and module upgrades on prototype systems (building a prototype by integrating modules) as well as the management of1st time upgrades in the field at ASML customers.
The Manufacturing and Equipment engineer - Upgrade Integrator works closely with the upgrade Project Leadto plan and execute definedupgrade packages on the ASML systems within the System Integration department. You interface with the other Development and Engineeringproject/team leaders, integrators, customer support, system test engineers, configuration engineers and proto engineers.
Overall responsibility is to manage the pre-requisites for upgrade package and to deliver and qualify an optimized upgrade hardware sequence and recovery, taking into account dependencies, resourcing, tooling, materials, and other prerequisites. This is either a commercial upgrade package or a combined package of engineering changes.The Manufacturing and Equipment engineer - Upgrade Integrator will also report daily progress/delays and escalate issues as they arise.
Working in the D&E System Industrialization department, the Upgrade Integrator supports development engineering and manufacturing in the qualification of optical, mechanical and electrical modules and sub-systems, and the integration and test of complex systems.The Manufacturing and Equipment engineer - Upgrade Integrator is also heavily involved in the first validations of the upgrade packages at customers.
It is expected that you can think and work in terms of:
- Make the link between system functions and configuration requirements
- Optimize the integration strategy and translate this strategy into a upgrade plans
- Translate the Upgrade strategy to: Bill of material, upgrade sequence, software, parts, tools, spares and recovery sequence.
- Manage, plan, prepare and coordinate the upgrade deliverables
- Support upgrade package validation and roll-out at customers site.
- Bachelor or Master level – preferable Technical, industrial engineering (BS in Optical Engineering Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, or Mechanical Engineering.)
- Knowledge and experiences in sensors, optics, and/or controls of such devices preferred.
- General proficiency with tools, systems, integration, and procedures required to accomplish the job.
- Experience in or affinity with the machine industry
- Experience in or affinity with either system testing and integration or configuration management is preferred.
- Experiences in semiconductor equipment development is a strong plus.
- Organizational, flexible and capable to communicate on all levels.
- Able to defend own opinion
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive attitude
- Able to plan and prioritize
- High degree of autonomy
- Willingness to invest in personal development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches.
- Possesses good oral presentation skills and be able to effectively present results in a team meeting.
Context of the position
The Development & Engineering System Industrialization DUV department is a new and relative small department. With a healthy balance of male and female colleagues and more than 10 nationalities, we are an enthusiastic and very diverse department. You will be working in a technical environment, but we value a good atmosphere and have the care and attention to people central.
We are organized in 3 groups: Industrialization Performance; Industrialization Sequence Engineering; Industrialization Upgrades and Automation. We act as the interface between the development teams on one side and Customer support and Factory on the other side.
The department strategy is: To drive for industrialization design & Integral solutions for availability, cycle time, sequence (automation) and upgrades in the D&E programs. Define cross competence standards & guidelines. Provide and drive the industrialization competence roadmap and contribute to the improved enterprise architecture,work-preparation archive and change control.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.