You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Computer Systems & Infrastructure Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Would you like to make your mark on the next computing platform for the cutting edge chip manufacturing equipment ASML is currently developing? You will be working in the team that provides the complete computing platform including infrastructure used to run our latest products. Your contribution will help chip manufactures around the world to keep up with demands and technical needs for the chips used by everyone.
We are looking for a software engineer to complete one of our EUV Source Software Infrastructure and Computer Systems teams. This team of 10 people operates as part of an Agile Release Train providing Network Infrastructure and software facilities used by all software components in an EUV System. You can be responsible for the operating system abstraction components, data handling and communication (both software and network) between software components. You do this in a multi-operating system environment.
- You are happy to collaborate with users on the design of the functionality you work on and on how they would like the system to work.
- You are motivated to collaborate with other system functions to align on the overall machine control design for the Source system.
- You are capable of understanding and explaining complex challenges and you can guide your colleagues in the implementation of the smaller parts that you identified.
- You take pride in writing clean, high quality and maintainable code, regardless if you write that code in C, C++ or Python.
- You will be responsible for creating clear software specifications from functional specifications, breaking up complex functionality in smaller parts and leading your colleagues in the implementation.
- You will handle software related issues and improvements and implement new functionality. You will also directly pick up critical issues with our field and factory systems. You and your team work together with the product owner on the high priority items of the product backlog, and with your team you are responsible for improving on software quality.
- You will be required to make efficient design choices but also to ‘make it happen' by contributing to the implementation and testing of that design.
- You will use C++, Python and c on top of VxWorks and Linux within a highly complex embedded environment. This environment also has embedded (relational) databases for which you will be responsible.
- You will write and maintain software that acts as operating system abstraction or generic facility for all other EUV software. Strong affinity and good knowledge of the Linux operating system is required.
- We are proud of our team. We hire talented, motivated people and give them responsibility and the autonomy to innovate. We like people with a ‘can-do’ attitude and we want people who are inquisitive, hungry and eager to grow with us.
Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Embedded Systems or equivalent
- Between 3-7 years of experience in large-scale software applications programming.
- Experience with deriving software designs from functional designs.
- Experience with software decomposition and leading software engineers.
- Key competencies for this role are Linux, C, C++, Python.
- Experience with Juniper network hardware is an advantage
- Experience with Operating Systems (CentOS, RedHat Linux and VxWorks)
- Solid software engineering knowledge: UML, OOP, design patterns, interface based design, test driven design.
- Experience with PLC programming and OPC/UA is a pre
- Experience in an Agile environment using SAFe/Scrum and seeking relentless improvement in your way of working.
- Familiar with large software base and tools like GIT or SVN and with continuous integration tools and concepts.
- Knowledgeable in testing tools & processes (e.g. Robot Framework, Google test/mock, Unit testing).
- Experience with OS Task Scheduling, Resource monitoring, Diagnostics and System debugging is preferred.
- You are seeking to work in a precise and challenging department.
- You are quality-driven and you are looking for an environment where your technical skills will be enhanced and your ideas will be put to the test.
- You are not afraid to debate technical aspects within the team because you know that we will always choose the best solution.
- You gain energy by cooperating & mentoring colleagues to tackle complex design challenges together.
- You want to be a part of a dynamic and challenging environment that leaves no room for errors in the live environment.
- You are passionate about technology and you would like be a part of our teams who are building large scale applications for large machines which in their turn, have a global impact.
Context of the position
Within ASML the next generation of lithography machines is being developed in the EUV (Extreme Ultra Violet) program. In the program a new light source (Source) is introduced which creates light that has the required wavelength: EUV. The Computer Systems team is responsible to create the best computing environment to facilitate the control of this Source. For this a network of computer systems is (re-) designed, maintained and improved.
These positions require access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.