You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Test and Measurement Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines make you feel responsible and proud? Do you want to work in a challenging environment with highly motivated, committed and skilled teams, where people are proud and enjoy their work? Then the job as Test & Measurement Engineer at ASML might be of interest to you!
The Test & Measurement Engineer defines and performs tests related to critical hardware risks of machine parts in development phase by translating failure modes and mechanisms into test methods under operational conditions and beyond (e.g. motion profiles, shock profiles, vacuum, temperature, high pressure and tribology).
Furthermore the T&M Engineer establishes and develops a framework for testing of critical machine parts, feasibility of new concepts and design verifications. This framework will contain the different failure modes applicable to ASML systems and contributes to further increase of the overall quality of ASML systems. Here is a non-exhaustive list of typical T&M Engineer capabilities:
- Determine test strategy, principles and methods which represents operational conditions and beyond
- Take ownership of tests to enable team deliverables
- Deliver reliable measurement data and draw appropriate conclusions based on advanced analyses
- Actively contribute to the testing competence and its framework
- Show ownership in driving the testing competence
- Participate in realization of test setups
- Align with D&E projects
- Act as ambassador for the competence and maintain a network of stakeholders
- Comply to culture within the team according to ASML values
- Contribute to the team operations and processes
- Enable a safe and healthy work environment
Bachelor of Science / Master of Science in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Material science or likewise.
The Test & Measurement Engineer has technical skills in the area of Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics or Applied Physics and:
- is a highly motivated team player with excellent communication
- is pragmatic and result driven
- is able to translate hardware risks failure modes and mechanisms into test methods and measurement results
- has a broad knowledge of hardware test methods and failure mechanisms
It is preferred to have knowledge on the following topics:
- Physics of Failure
- DfSS methods
- Measurement Equipment
- Measurement System Analysis
What makes the job interesting for me?
- I am seen as a technical expert/advisor of the team
- I apply a wide variety of skills and technical knowledge
- I develop personal and technical skills in a highly technical environment
- I am part of a high performing multidisciplinary team of experts
- I enable to the newest product developments
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Quality & Continuous Improvement is responsible to maintain the highest level of quality for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechanical (sub)-systems and components. The group Test and Measurement Engineering is responsible for quantifying hardware risks at part level related to feasibility, functionality, robustness and reliability.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation.
The salary range for this role is €3,699 to €4,623 gross per month, depending on your experience and skills. But salary is just a small part of what we offer you. Discover all benefits