You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Continuous Improvement / Lean Specialist - Guaranteed Sign-on Bonus and Relocation
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Are you up for a new challenge? We are looking for Lean Change Agents to build up our Lean team.
As a Lean Change agent you will help drive the Lean transformation within the Wilton Factory, with a focus on embedding Lean philosophy where people are engaged to improve processes continuously to boost business impact. You will support and guide teams and leaders with implementing the daily management system, coaches them in developing problem solving techniques and Lean leaders behavior. Together with line management you build internal capabilities to improve processes and results by cross functional teams on a daily basis. You act as a role model for the lean way of working and respectfully challenge the status quo.
You are a member of the WF Operational Excellence department, reporting to the Lean Deployment Manager.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
In alignment with the accountable business manager, as a change agent you will:
- Set & agree deployment goals;
- Co-designs the deployment plan;
- Challenge the change curve;
- Define success criteria and roles & responsibilities;
- Challenge progress regularly with your stakeholders;
- Be role model in adapting Lean principles and coach on Lean behavior;
- Support business impact initiatives (A3’s, 4C’s, Breakthrough Initiatives).
As a Lean team member you will:
- Share and inform the team about deployment progress, bottle-necks and help requests;
- Support your colleagues pro-actively in the deployment or building each other’s expertise;
- Contribute to improvements to the ASML Lean standards;
- Challenge your colleagues adapting the Lean principles in our own team;
- Improve our daily operations and participates in strategic steps;
- Be a partner towards the business in driving for Lean improvements.
Bachelor's Degree is required or equivalent experience. Master's Degree would be a plus.
- 5+ yrs of experience in Manufacturing, Engineering or Supply Chain environment, preferably with line management experience (Team Lead/Group Lead).
- Experience in deploying and applying lean in Manufacturing and/or Logistics environment
- Expert knowledge of lean, process improvement and quality management tools
Practical application of problem-solving methodologies (e.g. Lean A3, Six Sigma tools)
- Experience in Hoshin Kanri (Strategy Deployment) and VSM(Value Stream Mapping) would be a plus
- Basic project management skills
- Proven skills in change management
- Proactive self-starter, hands-on mentality, getting things done
- Passion for continuous improvement, with a business and customer focus
- Ability to persuade and influence others, including senior management (stakeholder management)
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills, acts as a team player
- Ability to enthuse colleagues in lean thinking
- Empathic, good listener & able to connect people
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Openminded and eager to learn
- Speaks up and dares to have courageous conversations
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability