15 days ago - req28693
Lean Change Agent
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Are you up for a new challenge? We are looking for Lean Change Agents to build up our Lean team.
As a Lean Change agent you will help drive the Lean transformation within the Wilton Factory, with a focus on embedding Lean philosophy where people are engaged to improve processes continuously to boost business impact. You will provide support to the line organization in-terms of training, coaching and facilitation of the roll out of Lean in their responsibility area and lead and execute improvement projects to drive business impact. Together with line management you build internal capabilities to improve processes and results by cross functional teams on a daily basis. You act as a role model for the lean way of working and respectfully challenge the status quo.
You are a member of the WF Operational Excellence department, reporting to the Lean Deployment Manager.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Co-lead lean deployment with line mgt to create an environment where continuous improvement is the norm.
- Be a Lean expert and act as an recognized sparring partner for team leads and managers.
- Support the organization in defining Performance management systems.
- Coach leaders on different levels in the right behavior to support the lean way of working.
- Train people in applying lean in their own area (daily management, problem-solving, 5S, standard work, etc).
- Enable organization in identifying and removing waste in the processes.
- Facilitate and execute improvement events (kaizens).
- Provide deployment status reports and share learning experiences.
- Improve and standardize the way of working within the lean team.
- Develop and lead change management activities that establishes a culture of continuous improvement.
- Act as challenger and catalyst in promoting lean leadership behavior.
- Respectfully challenge the status quo and act as a role model for Lean thinking.
Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ yrs of experience in Manufacturing, Engineering or Supply Chain environment, preferably with line management experience (teamlead/grouplead).
- Experience in deploying and applying lean in Manufacturing and/or Logistics environment.
- Expert knowledge of lean, process improvement and quality management tools.
- Practical application of problem-solving methodologies (e.g. Lean A3, Six Sigma tools).
- Experience in Hoshin Kanri (Strategy Deployment) and VSM (Value Stream Mapping) would be a plus.
- Basic project management skills.
- Proven skills in change management.
- Proactive self-starter, hands-on mentality, getting things done.
- Passion for continuous improvement, with a business and customer focus.
- Ability to persuade and influence others, including senior management (stakeholder management).
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills, acts as a team player.
- Ability to enthuse colleagues in lean thinking.
- Empathic, good listener & able to connect people.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Openminded and eager to learn.
- Speaks up and dares to have courageous conversations.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability