You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Build Fine Technician
In a nutshell
Introduction to the jobIn April 2021 EXE started production of its first EXE prototypes.
The EXE will be built according to a production process where the EXE is split up into multiple Mini Machines (e.g. modular building), reducing cycle time because Mini Machines can be built and qualified in parallel.
Once qualified these Mini Machines will be internally transported to a build cabin. In these cabins each Mini Machine will become part of a full functional machine (system). This entire system is assembled, tested and qualified before being dismantled and leaving the cleanroom towards the customer.
In the future there may be a different approach taken where instead of assembling and qualifying the total EUV machine in Veldhoven, the Mini Machines will be shipped to our customers directly, after assembly and passing the Factory Acceptance Test. Final Assembly and System Qualification will then be executed in the field, at the customer site, instead of in Veldhoven.
Production starts in low volume ramping up towards 2025. Technicians will be cross trained to be able to work on multiple activities/competences. EXE will be organized as a LEAN Factory with Technicians working in a Natural team setup.
Role and responsibilities
EXE (EUV Factory) Manufacturing is responsible for the Build, Qualification, De-assemble and Install of the Mini Machines and Complete Source and Scanner systems. The Build Fine Technician assembles, adjusts, qualifies and delivers ASML (Sub)-modules according to agreed specifications and delivery times with the mindset to continuously improve factory processes and his/her own way of working.
Furthermore the Build Fine technician is able to:
- Provide support when new products are introduced into the production process;
- Identifies/reports expected bottlenecks;
- Is capable of investigating and solving technical problems;
- Works in close cooperation with other disciplines, whilst maintaining the planned delivery times and quality, to escalate (technical) problems;
- Lays down product, process and measuring data in protocols and databases;
- Encourages and promotes a safe working environment and works in accordance with the 5S+1 principles.
Working in a new factory with a new team requires a flexible mindset, especially because volumes are low and of the ramp up in the first years. To optimally organize capacity, maximize learning and have an active quality feedback loop, Technicians will work on different types of activities and competencies, for example, the same team that is building the mini-machine in Veldhoven, will also build the system at the customer site.
- Build, install and align components;
- De-assemble, lock components and prepare them for transport;
- Solve issues by following the correct escalation path;
- Work and drive continuous improvement of products and processes;
- Improve learning curve product and process via short feedback loops;
- Act as the customer and provides support when new products are introduced into the production process;
- Plan and prioritize own work;
- Report, inform and escalate correctly and timely on progress and status;
- Signals and analyzes where a problem occurs and contributes to a structural solution (in corporation with technical departments);
- Actively seek for relevant knowledge;
- Share and train knowledge and skills;
- Able to work in multi-disciplinary teams within a high-tech environment.
Education and experience
MBO 4+ mechanical engineering, mechatronics, aerospace or automotive engineering.
At least 2-3 years hands on assembly and qualification experience in a high-tech production or customer service environment, e.g. mechanical engineering, mechatronics, aerospace, electronics or automotive engineering.
Proven affinity with system assembling, testing and troubleshooting is essential.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Flexible mindset;
- Flexible team player;
- Analytical: Solving problems;
- Methodical: Can work according to standard work practices;
- Assertiveness: In the lead to process engineering and development;
- Eager to learn and expand skills;
- Willing to train and share knowledge and skills;
- Is fluent in English, both verbally and written; eg. able to write procedure comments and transfer documents in English;
- Conversational Dutch is an advantage.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
As a Build Fine Technician you will work in shifts: 2 shift and flexible in the field and during the first months, this consists of a week early shift followed by a week late shift and 1 work weekend in 4 weeks. Travel expectation is max 30% of the time to various customer locations (USA or Asia).
We will only consider candidates who have uploaded their CV as well as a cover letter stating their motivation to apply for this specific role at ASML.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.