30+ days ago - req28760
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Physics
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the development of the ASML products. The department Machine Conditioning DUV Scanner (MC DUV Scanner) is charged with specifying, analyzing, designing and testing fluid and thermal sub-systems and control solutions. Within the department , the group Thermal Architecture is concerned with the temperature stability control of critical machine parts, heat removal, global thermal stability and optical sensor conditioning of ASML’s DUV systems. Goal is to provide a thermally stable machine environment therewith supporting the advancing performance and throughput specifications of our tools.
To contribute to the development of products by designing, creating and testing (sub-) systems within the restrictions imposed by system specifications. The holder of the position reports to the group leader Thermal Architecture DUV and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
- Design and optimize thermal hardware and strategies to further improve system performance on mK and nm level, as well as optimizing industrialization aspects (ranging from cost of goods to cycle time and availability) for those solutions.
- In your role you work in our cleanrooms to test the performance of your solutions on ASML machines or experimental setups. You prepare specifications for the design and implementation of these solutions and make the link between high level system performance and thermal behavior. As such you will be involved in verifying and improving system performance as well as solving critical (customer) related issues
- The job combines analytical and experimental work, but you also need the personal skills to effectively communicate with the involved stakeholders within the ASML organization to get your solutions implemented. You liaise with colleagues from other competencies (such as electronics, mechatronics and software development), as well as with our suppliers and customers, to come to the best integral solution for the machine functionality that you are working on.
(Technical) University MSc or PhD in applied physics, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Must have experience: studies, internships and / or working experience on thermal / flow design, heat and mass transfer. Solid theoretical and experimental experience in the field of heat and mass flow
- Familiar with product development in a concurrent designing process
- About 4 years, or recent graduates with high potential.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English
- Able to display a “helicopter”-view.
Context of the position
Our purpose is to develop Machine Conditioning solutions contributing to the leading edge performance of ASML DUV lithography tools, as well as to secure continuous product shipments and enable efficient field service. Machine Conditioning has the expertise on heat and mass transfer through knowledge of materials, flow, vacuum, thermal conditioning and removal of particles in the system.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. Please add your complete & recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents. You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.