30+ days ago - req28806
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mechanical engineering
In a world with an ever-increasing appetite for data, data storage and processing power, there is a strong drive to make computer chips better, faster and more energy efficient. This requires chip manufacturers to continuously shrink the size of individual devices on a chip in a pace predicted and dictated by Moore’s Law.
As a consequence, conditioning all the solid, liquid and gaseous bodies in the optical path in our scanner also becomes more demanding. We have to control temperature, geometry, flow dynamics and (particle) contamination levels within very narrow bands. Think millikelvin, nanometers, parts per trillion’s.
If we wouldn’t, the information carried by the light travelling to the wafer, could be distorted and contamination could build up on our lens surfaces, making the situation worse over time.
As Immersion Engineeryou generate ideas on how to tackle technical challenges. You propose experiments, carry out experiments and use the results to steer solutions.
- To understand the relationship between design choices on the immersion system and performance of the scanner
- To understand how other subsystems interact with the immersion subsystem
- To use this understanding for the creation of cost effective and reliable solutions
- To use this understanding to align with other subsystems on the best solution.
As Immersion Engineeryou will be part of a multi-disciplinary project team of analysts, designers, integrators, architects and simulation experts. You will be working to meet a shared goal against challenging constraints. The team will interface with other projects, manufacturing, marketing, customer support and the customer. The team’s responsibility is to provide a solution for conditioning challenges. E.g.:
- In an immersion scanner we expose our customer’s wafer to a body of water, while moving the wafer. We are not allowed to wet the wafers, i.e. leave any water droplets behind or create bubbles in the body of water.
- Between the reticle and the lens, there is a body of gas, that is constantly disturbed by high speed scanning motions of the reticle. DUV light is passing thru this gas, carrying information picked up from the reticle. Inleak of gas from the surroundings into the gaseous body, may disturb the image or contaminate the lens.
- Working at ASML as a D&E engineer means being part of a dynamic, fast-paced community, facing unprecedented challenges at the forefront of technology together. You will find an open environment, offering myriad possibilities to take charge of your career, to be inspired, to have fun.
At least MSc. and/or PhD in physics or mechanical engineering.
- Broad knowledge and experience in highly integrated environments
- Experience with planning, execution, analysis and results reporting of experiments
- Excellent communicator.
- Knows how to convey complex topics in an understandable fashion
- Robust personality is a must
- Strong pragmatic attitude with an analytical view
- Self-propelling with a lot of initiative and drive. Able to initiate, influence, steer
- Out-of-the-box thinker.
- Team player, responsible and reliable
- Able to distinguish main matters from side issues. Able to develop a vision
- Convincing. Speaks up. Able to convey a vision
- Flexible and committed.
Context of the position
As Immersion Engineer you will join the Optical Column Condition (OCC) Team, that is part of the Optical Column Department in the DUV business line.The DUV business line is responsible for the development of new DUV Dry- and DUV Immersion products and for support and improvement of a huge installed baseline of DUV products.
OCC projects are responsible for the development of new HW and SW designs, industrialization and successful integration of these designs in the litho system and support issue resolution in field and factory. To do all this successfully requires close interaction with other DUV development teams (e.g. wafer table, servo, system dynamics, thermal, infrastructure, software, levelling, projection, focus and defectivity, etc..) and sectors such as Customer Support, Manufacturing, Marketing, System Engineering.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. Please add your complete & recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents. You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Keywords: DUV, matlab, immersion, conditioning, performance, experiments