30+ days ago - req28809
Internship Law & Technology (non-thesis): Support the ASML Privacy Office as a Privacy Legal Intern
Other job categories
In a nutshell
No experience (Student)
Other job categories
Are you a Master student in Law and Technology and is and do you have a strong interest in privacy and personal data protection? Then this assignment could be interesting for you!
The ASML Privacy Office – based in Veldhoven – is looking for a Privacy Legal Intern to support ASML Privacy Practice. The Privacy Office is a young team of approximately 15 professionals with different backgrounds and disciplines.
You will support the Legal Competence in providing legal advice to the be business as well as the Privacy Team on privacy and personal data protection rules and regulations. This includes:
• Conducting Legal research;
• Monitoring relevant international changes in privacy regulations and their applicability to ASML;
• Developing and maintaining privacy related policies, procedures, guides and instructions;
• Taking part in Privacy Programs/Projects.
You are a Master student with in educational background in Law & Technology or any other Master that incorporates both disciplines. Additionally, you have the following competencies:
• Fluent in English and preferably one other language;
• Familiar with different privacy rules and regulations around the world and a sound understanding of GDPR;
• Sound understanding of company processes;
• Patient, eager to learn, creative and helpful;
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload;
• Excellent communication skills and time management skills;
• Team-player who likes to work in a multinational environment and in cross sector teams;
• Flexible and the ability to have a helicopter view;
• Sound knowledge of MS Office.
This is a Master apprentice internship with a duration 6 months, for 5 days a week. The start date of this internship is as soon as possible.
Please note that we can only consider students who are enrolled at a school for the entire duration of the internship.
What ASML offers
Your internship will be in one of the leading Dutch corporations, gaining valuable experience in a highly dynamic environment. You will receive a monthly internship allowance based on your educational level and number of days per week, plus a possible housing or travel allowance. More information on the allowances can be found on our website. In addition you will get expert, practical guidance and the chance to work in and experience a dynamic, innovative team environment.
ASML: Be part of progress
We make machines that make chips – the hearts of the devices that keep us informed, entertained and safe; that improve our quality of life and help to tackle the world’s toughest problems.
We build some of the most amazing machines that you will ever see, and the applications to run them. Never satisfied, we measure our performance in units that begin with pico or nano.
We believe we can always do better. We believe the winning idea can come from anyone. We love what we do – not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard. At ASML we are always pushing technology further.
Students: Getting ready for the real-world
Teamwork is key within ASML. Our R&D team is more than 5,500 people strong and worldwide we form one big team with over 25,000 employees. These colleagues have 123 different nationalities and work at our major sites on three continents.
Dozens of diverse, interdisciplinary teams work in parallel to meet a challenging development schedule. In this inspiring environment, your colleagues may be sitting next door, or they could be thousands of kilometers away in a different country, or even working for a different company.
An internship at ASML is your opportunity to get to know this world and get a feel for that excites you most. Use your education, gain real-life working experience and explore the world of high-tech – all at the same time.
How will you be part of progress?