30+ days ago - req28808
MPS CS Project Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Austin - TX, US
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The job-scope and mission of the Projects Engineer for Business Line Mature Products and Services(MPS) is to prepare for and execute upgrades and system installations at ASML and customer sites. Providing the highest quality service and products to our customers within a strict delivery schedule.
Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines make you feel responsible and proud? Do you want to work in an environment where people are proud and enjoy their work?Are you an enthusiastic engineer who takes ownership, and is energized by new challenges and environments? Then the role of MPS Projects Engineer is just for you!
Within ASML the sector Mature Products and Services Customer Support (MPS CS) is responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of ASML PAS systems at customer locations. One of the departments in this sector is MPS CS Projects, which is responsible for providing planning and execution support to customers and other segments.
- Primary role is to execute the installation of commercial system optimization packages, projection optics/lens replacements, system relocations, and factory-refurbished system installations.
- Maintain project plan with minimal impact to cycle time.
- Clearly and effectively communicate technical, process, and logistical issues to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, and semiconductor processes, and relevant software.
- Demonstrated experience using computer applications, including data analysis tools, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Requires travel, both domestic and international, dependent on company needs.Intent of this position is to focus on US Projects. There will be occasional travel requirements internationally. Based on your location, you can expect travel of ~50%.
- Requires willingness to work flexible shifts and extended hours; including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid driver’s license and passport required.
- Complete service, expense reports, and other administrative reports in accordance with procedures and with supervisor’s approval.
- Share knowledge between colleagues and other stakeholders within ASML.
Position requires a university degree in an Engineering field or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of Engineering experience preferred, ideally in semiconductor manufacturing.
- You work safe at all times and encourage others to do so as well.
- You think in terms of ‘what’s best for the company’ and show your commitment to the team/department’s values and best-practices.
- You are an open minded team player who uses his/her own initiative.
- You drive to achieve high quality of work.
- You are a good communicator and focus your skills on reporting, understanding, and supporting.
- You work highly independent and maintain team cohesion at the same time.
- You have a high level of technical/organizational understanding and commitment to self-learning.
- You develop knowledge and understanding of the different system platforms and upgrade packages.
- You initiate improvements for optimizing standard processes based on experience and expertise.
- You are aware of and act on various cultural differences.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability