30+ days ago - req28885
Test and Measurement Design Engineer TMF - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Establish test competency in Wilton using TMF methodologies, technologies, and WoWs. This individual will be responsible for mechanical and mechatronic design of TMF test modules. This individual will be responsible for designing the mechanical components to enable quality testing, from test stand architecture through Device under Test (DuT) fixturing and interfacing. The individual will also be responsible for integrating the DuT into the test setup. This individual will be responsible for the quality of the mechanical designs and the influence these designs have on the test.
Position reports to GL of the WT DE IQR C Hardware & Test Center group. The position will focus on Test Methodology, mechanical fixture design, mechatronic design, integration and operation, test performance and quality.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The group TMF (Test and Measurement Facility) is responsible for test strategy, design, realization and analysis on mechanical (sub)-systems and components across all ASML sites.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Design mechanical systems and interfaces to meet test performance requirements.
- Optimize test setup design using TMF building blocks for cost effective and quality usage.
- Design, build, and troubleshoot mechanical assemblies and test stands.
- Write, review and communicate test plans.
- Execute tests according to test and project planning, analyze and report test results.
- Actively contribute to the testing competency within ASML.
- Will be required to wear PPE and embrace ASML’s safety culture.
- Will be required to stand, kneel, bend, and lift objects up to 16 kilograms.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanisms, sharp objects, and hazardous energy.
- Regularly exposed to moderate noise levels in lab.
BS Engineering – mechanical, mechatronics or (applied) physics, or equivalent experience.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a relevant multi-disciplinary technical work environment.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience designing high quality mechanical components in fixtures.
- Hands on experience with mechanical building and standard tool usage.
- Experience with the design, realization, execution, and analysis of test setups on mechanical systems.
- Proficient experience with industry standard CAD systems (Unigraphics preferred, Solidworks, etc.).
- Preferred experience with Matlab and LabView.
- Preferred Weibull, HALT, HASS test experience and/or failure mode analysis, especially from a materials perspective.
- Goal driven, quality focused, team oriented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Hands-on individual with broad technical knowledge of mechanical and mechatronic systems.
- Flexible and able to progress within an uncertain and rapidly changing environment.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability