30+ days ago - req28901
CS Chief of Staff
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at the customer site and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local Customer Support branches perform these tasks for the customers within a specific region.
The CS US Chief of Staff supports the CS Regional VP with day to day activities to extend bandwidth. Establish and maintain structural setup for reoccurring activities and reporting and embed it into standard workflow. As manager of the CS Regional Support organization, drive strategic plans and improvements for operational and structural activities for the CS US Region. The CS Regional support organization consists of 4 main pillars; “Portfolio Management”, “Strategic Business Support”, “Quality and Knowledge Management” and “Lean Program Management”.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The CS US Chief of Staff is heading the regional support organization consisting of 4 main pillars:
- Portfolio Management: The key responsibility of this team is to manage the portfolio of programs, projects and initiatives within the US region, from intake till closure, in order to achieve the strategic objectives aligned with the senior management team. A key aspect of this responsibility is the intake of new programs or projects through a clear and transparent decision making process which is based on a ROI assessment mapped to the organization’s strategies, goals and objectives (KPIs). Monitoring and controlling is important to the process, since portfolio composition is not a one-time decision.
- Business Strategy Support: The key responsibility of the team is to support the operational managers with insights and direction on how to reach their targets and KPIs based on in depth data analysis. Based on this data analysis the team also identifies business opportunities where value creation for the customer can be translated in service product opportunities.
- Quality and Knowledge Management: The quality’s main focus areas are; Customer focused quality (CQN follow-up), Material/Tool quality and Operational quality. The team’s mission is to drive the quality mindset within the CS US organization in all 3 of these areas in close collaboration with regional quality manager of corporate quality. The Training & Knowledge management team is responsible to organize timely training and knowledge transfers to secure the operational teams with the required skills and capabilities for service.
- Lean Program Management: Responsible to support and drive the operational teams in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives, projects and programs. As LEAN experts the team act as a business partner supporting the operational teams to reach their KPIs by supporting the process of gap analysis and solution identification through the LEAN methodology.
As leader of a team it is important to drive retention of staff by promoting an environment focused on development, engagement, and motivation in line with the ASML Vision and values.
- Safety: Ensure all program/project solutions are assessed on safety and in such drive towards a culture of safety first.
- Stakeholder management: Ensure you and your teams are the representatives towards both; the operational teams within the region (your customers) and the CS central teams at headquarters. Key aspect to success for you and your teams is to keep the various stakeholders informed and aligned.
- Project Execution: Provide ownership for programs and projects within the region from intake till closure. Clear progress reporting is expected from each teams.
- General: Optimize communication with continental and international co-operation. Implement and improve policies, processes, procedures, data base management and administrative control within the region.
The holder of this position reports to the CS US Vice President.
Position requires a BS degree in an engineering field, management or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience with a minimum of 3 years in Leadership positions.
- Experience managing Programs and projects is required, Project Management certification preferred.
- People Development skills-drives the development of people, coaches and gives feedback.
- Ability to inspire and motivate individuals and teams.
- Strong Communications skills- communicates clearly and convincingly.
- Excellent time management and delegation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize actions effectively and efficiently.
- Advanced project and program management skills.
- Self-starter that shows high drive, creativity, ambition and accountability.
- Advanced analytic and problem solving skills, pays attention to detail and produces work that meets high quality standards.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Position requires up to 50% travel, and the willingness to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid driver’s license and passport required.
- Ability to travel in US and internationally.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability