Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req28979
CS EUV Mechanical Install Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon. This position will be based in Phoenix, AZ.
To install leading edge lithographic systems, at the customer site, within specifications, on time, with quality exceeding the customer’s expectations.
The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at customer sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local site Customer Support branches perform these tasks for the customers within the specific region.
The System Integration Engineer is expected to calibrate and qualify the machine on site, according to a pre-defined test-sequence similar to the tests that have previously been performed in Veldhoven.Work with co-workers, and the customer in isolating and solving problems. Act as a resource for users on routine malfunctions. Perform administrative and coordination duties, including pass-downs, work orders, field service reports, system problem reports, and monthly reports. Prepare written technical reports on an independent basis. Calibrate and qualify semiconductor lithographic capital equipment.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- The Mechanical Install Engineer is expected to assemble and qualify the machine on site, according to procedure in a pre-defined sequence.
- Install and de-installing ASML Machines in a clean room environment.
- De-crating, transporting, and assembling high-tech lithography machines into the semiconductor fab.
- Analyze applicability, accuracy and adherence to design specifications.
- Recommend design changes or substitution of materials when appropriate.
- Evaluate and diagnose problems and make appropriate repairs.
- Work with co-workers and the customer in isolating and solving problems.
- Answer customer questions and assist customers in a professional manner.
- Perform administrative and coordination duties, including pass-downs, work orders, field service reports, system problem reports, and monthly reports.
- Provide if appropriate support and assistance to less experienced ASML or local personnel as necessary.
- Perform complex adjustments, perform upgrades, diagnose and solve problems with limited support.
- Prepare written technical reports if required.
Preference, BS degree in an engineering field, or equivalent experience.
- Hands-on experience in a high tech production or customer service environment, e.g. electronics, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, aerospace or automotive engineering.
- Proven affinity with assembling and troubleshooting is essential.
- Knowledge of safety procedures required.
- Stress resistant.
- Analytical thinker.
- Able to work independently as well as on a team.
- Good knowledge of the English language.
- Good communication skills with focus on reporting, understanding, influencing and supporting.
- An interest in other technical processes. Self-sufficient.
- Awareness of various cultural differences.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Customer site requires ASML employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, barring an approved medical or religious exemption.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Expect to spend more than 50% of the time inside the clean room working with mechanical and electrical equipment. The manager, supervisor and/or lead engineers set technical direction. Ability to travel up to 80%, work flexible shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability