You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Global Business Process Owner
Other technical job categories
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories, Other job categories
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance of ASML systems on customer locations and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. These systems are very expensive and therefor the bottleneck in the customer fab, meaning that there is a continuous drive to improve the CS performance in terms of quality and efficiency.
CS teams in Veldhoven are responsible to ensure the delivery of means and methods that will enable the teams in the field to perform better. As business architect you play a crucial roles in supporting the CS Management Team in defining business goals, the strategy and roadmap for your assigned ‘Capabilities’. As such you will define WHAT needs to be done with a horizon of 1 – 5 years.
Realization of the business requirements is done in close cooperation with other architects in the CS Service Baseline Development department who are responsible for determining HOW these business requirements should be fulfilled.
You will need to develop knowledge of how to service high-tech machines in a unique and highly demanding environment where safety, performance, availability, and cost efficiency are the driving forces. Moreover, since service is a labor intensive activity, determining organizational impact and gauging human aspects are key components as well.
In addition to analytical skills, you will need excellent communication skills – to convince, motivate and inspire colleagues across multiple sectors working in different continents when implementing your requirements for process, organization and supporting infrastructure improvements. You have architectural ownership in driving processes that improve efficiency, cost, work life balance and knowledge management. You will also need to be a good listener and negotiator – ASML is filled with bright minds - and you must always be on the lookout for great ideas.
As CS Global Business Process Owner (architect) you
- support the CS Strategy deployment process
- review relevant parts of the ASML business capabilities and assess capability maturity
- support definition of and alignment on key improvement areas
- influence company culture and politics through your personal network, while at the same time understanding and challenging these aspects
- define, update and refine relevant parts of the CS and enterprise-wide Business Capability Roadmap definition process
- secure outside-in knowledge from the peer industry and academic world
- communicate proactively all relevant cross-sector related news
- define portfolio view on, and ensure alignment with, the overarching Integral Capability Roadmap
- define, update and refine the relevant parts of the dependency-checked Business Capability Roadmap including time-phased plateaus and improvement steps
- define scope and target(s) for projects that need to be initiated in order to resolve Capability gaps
Your interfaces are, within the sector CS, with CS Management and the CS Field and Central Organizations. Next to that you will interface, cross sector, with ASML Business Lines that develop new products, Development & Engineering (D&E), Information Technology (IT), Quality and Process Improvement (QPI) and Manufacturing & Logistics (M&L). You are a member of the CS Business Architecture group and will have daily contacts with your colleagues in the group, the department, project teams, CS Field and IT.
MSc or PhD level in Industrial Engineering or Service Management. Strong affinity with Business Economics.
At least 10 years of experience in a Service Engineering / Hi-tech System Engineering environment or similar and a proven track record in architecture, service, or engineering leadership.
- Ability to interact with high-level management
- Eagerness to learn and expand your skill set
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Result-oriented and high stress-tolerance
- Capable to influence without power
- Ability to assess abstract business models and translate CS business strategy into the next level business architecture guidelines
- Team player
- TOGAF certified
- Archimate certified
Context of the position
You will report to the manager of the CS Business Architecture group that is part of the CS Service Baseline Development department. This group has the task to support the CS Management Team with the definition of Business Architecture through roadmaps, building blocks and projects for processes, organization and supporting infrastructure to realize the strategy of the CS sector.
Are you interested?
Do you want to play a crucial role in improving the efficiency of our Customer Support (CS) engineers? Are you motivated to work in a small team to achieve the most for our engineers within the available budget? Are you able to work in a complex working environment with stakeholders in the field, at suppliers, and in our headquarters? If so, you might very well be the right person we are looking for and please apply for this challenging job!
Please upload both a resume and motivation letter for this position