30+ days ago - req28962
Product Safety Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
WithinD&E projects, the PSE (Product Safety Engineer) is principally responsible to create/review safety specifications and definitions for complex sub-system functions and lead one or more safety risk areas and/or safety functions on a global scale as part of the global product safety competency.Partner on strategic product level or multiple functions/safety risk areas at product level. Responsible for knowledge within safety risk area.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The main responsibilities are:
- Conduct reviews to evaluate product safety with human safety emphasis.
- Support product management in customer interaction regarding Product Safety.
- Identify and isolate potential safety hazards.
- Review safety procedures when handling product.
- Anticipate, recognize, and evaluate safety hazards.
- Ensure safety compliance across multiple business product lines and programs.
- Determine regulatory/certification/compliance issues and/or identify foreseeable non-compliance.
- Review and approve or modify changes to product design.
- Participate inroot cause analysis and implement due diligence actions to resolve customer issues.
- Maintain proficiency of worldwide safety regulations through research, development of network, and ongoing education.
- Reduce liability concerns and actions.
- Perform Safety Risk Assessments (SRAs).
- Maintain WoW regarding Product safety deliverables (compliancy, safety documentation).
- Domestic/International Travel: Rare (Netherlands).
Bachelors required.Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience (at least 8 years) as an expert on product safety, who conveys theories and practices of the professional field to experts and non-experts.
- Internally & externally recognized authority on safety risk area knowledge.
- Knowledge of safety regulations (lasers, interlocks, chemicals, hoisting/lifting/transport, human safety/accessibility, electrical compliance, CE, ergonomics, EMC, etc).
- Experience in multidisciplinary project work.
- Inspection & auditing experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Risk Assessment techniques.
The following personal skills are crucial to a successful execution:
- Ability to initiate, influence and steer without formal authority.
- Strong networker with good negotiating and team building skills.
- Strong verbal and written communicator.
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions.
- Self-starter, showing initiative and drive.
- Flexible, result driven and committed.
- Team player.
- Process oriented.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability