30+ days ago - req28934
Senior EHS Facility Specialist
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Real Estate, Facility management, Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
Assists in the development and implementation of Environmental Health and Safety programs to address government regulations/standards, fully addressing their implications on the facility. Develops, presents, and ensures the completion of any employee training in Environmental Health and Safety policy and procedures. Researches industry “Best-Practices” to ensure world class leadership in EHS.Performs risk assessments and recommends corrective actions in R&D and Manufacturing environments. Ensures a thorough investigation of incidents. Uses knowledge to develop solutions and engage resources to implement improvements to Environmental Health and Safety issues/challenges.
- Improve EHS workplace performance by promoting an incident-free work place, identifying and mitigating EHS risk and implementing safety and environmental management systems in accordance with regulations, corporate compliance policies and standards.
- Understand the primary hazards associated with facility construction and maintenance work and regulatory requirements.
- Identify and communicate Critical Observable Actions associated with the construction and maintenance of facilities.
- Prevent incident re-occurrence through design and implementation of counter-measures.
- Provide front line insight on ever-changing industry regulations and safety protocols to protect workers, property, and resources.
- Resolve all findings, concerns, and deficiencies to effect timely and necessary corrections.
- Perform duties related to the hazard identification and control process, safe work planning, inspection and assessment, incident investigation, hazardous materials/waste management, emergency preparedness, fire/life safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, training, safe work procedure development, and regulatory compliance recordkeeping and documentation.
- Conduct necessary safety trainings for employees and ensure compliance and understanding.
- Guide and direct departments toward compliance with local, state and federal safety and environmental regulations, and corporate compliance polices.
- Ensure timely submittal of required state, federal and/or local environmental and safety regulatory reports.
- Conduct inspections and audits throughout the entire manufacturing facility to identify existing or potential hazards and determine corrective or preventative measures.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of federal, state and local OSHA regulations, safety codes and environmental quality regulations.
- Conduct safety risk assessments and environmental risk assessments.
- Write and implement new safety procedures.
- Perform safety and occupational health management, surveillance, inspections, and safety enforcement of vendors and contractors.
- Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to stipulated company and project safety policies and business practices to achieve general results.
- Competent person training or experience in Fall Protection, Confined Space, Electrical, Trenching/Excavation, PPE and Scaffolding required.
- Provides informal supervision to junior level employees to complete deliverables, further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Require a Bachelor’s Degree in environmental, health and safety or related scientific field and a eleven or more years of progressive experience.
- At least five years of building construction and maintenance safety experience strongly preferred.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP),
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH),
- Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM),
- Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST).
- Strong competence with the various tools, procedures used to accomplish the job.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local health and safety, and environmental regulations is essential.
- Direct experience dealing with regulatory agencies and / or compliance officers is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- In depth knowledge of EHS regulations and regulatory requirements.
- Uses strong project management skills in facilitating projects/activities.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs – specify percentage of travel.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability