You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
27 days ago - req28980
Senior Software QA Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Other technical job categories
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Other technical job categories, Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose, and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
As a Senior Software QA Engineer, you would be involved in the full software lifecycle, from requirements definition through system level testing. You would work with Systems and Software engineers to ensure good requirements are developed for the project you are working on.Using those requirements, and working with the software engineers, you will formulate test strategies and detailed plans for verifying all requirements have been met by the software implementation.Working in a lab on a laser, you will execute your test plans, analyze the resultant data, and report out on your test results.Our project teams are small, so your visibility and impact will be high.
- Develops,publishes, and implements test plans for software module and system leveltest.
- Designs andcreates test cases and procedures for testing software functionality,executes these test cases, and maintains an auditable storage andretrieval of test results.
- Analyzessoftware requirements for completeness, participates in requirements designand code reviews, and participates in collection of operational use cases.
- Participates in design reviews to ensurerequirements have been flowed down into the appropriate designdocumentation.
- Analyzestest results and provides progress reports to engineers andmanagement.
- Worksclosely with developers to isolate and understand problems and issues.
- Collects data on problems and issues andfeeds that back to the development teams for implementation of root causesolutions.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Performsother duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree inEngineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Electrical Engineering or related discipline and five years progressive experience in devising and implementing test plans in an embedded environment required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to trace hardware connectivity issues and use basic tools such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
- Ability to logically think through issues and be able to trace problems and implement quickly creative solutions.
- Ability to define and carry out test procedures, improving them (if possible), or move them into the test automation framework.
- Ability to define and carry out installation procedures and accurate record keeping of configurations.
- Desired experience in the following:
- Use Cases, UML, process and data flow.
- Ability to program Matlab, Labview, Python or other scripting languages.
- Software development processes, Software configuration management and defect tracking.
- Must have demonstrated a pragmatic and disciplined approach in successfully implementing best SQA practices in a "real world" company.
- Proven success defining, developing, and implementing software test systems. Past success in testing LabVIEW applications.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability