30+ days ago - req28933
Logistics & supply chain management
Other job categories
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Logistics & supply chain management, Other job categories, Other technical job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Diego, CA and San Jose, CA.
The Sourcing Lead has responsibility for the overall relationship between ASML and a set of our key suppliers. Current suppliers will be managed for performance, while potential new suppliers will be uncovered and readied for future business as needed. This position requires a combination of skills in strategic thinking, leadership, initiative, professional communication, financial/business analysis, and is greatly aided by a background in engineering or technology.
This is an outstanding opportunity in our San Diego, CA facility to join our Sourcing & Supply Chain team. In this position you will manage assigned suppliers and an overall commodity (supply base) to ensure ASML is supported by world-class suppliers delivering on time, at spec, and at the lowest total cost. You will be expected to actively pursue continuous improvement with current suppliers and potential suppliers. You will be expected to continually explore opportunities arising from process and product improvements, new technology, alternative materials and suppliers, enhancements in supply chain activities, cost reduction programs and any other opportunities that may present a competitive advantage.
- Monitors developments and trends within the supply base and ensures ASML is prepared to react appropriately.
- Drives supplier selection activities by leading one or more Sourcing Teams.
- Negotiates Long Term Supply Agreements (LTSA), NPI Agreements, and associated addendums.
- Monitors contractual compliance of the supplier as well as ASML.
- Drives continuous cost and lead time reduction.
- Prepares supplier spending forecasts.
- Monitors supplier financial health.
- Ensures all communication to the supplier is coordinated and consistent.
- Executes the QLTC (supplier performance measurement) process.
- Prepares for, leads, and follows-up from SAT (“Supplier Account Team”) meetings.
- Drives supply base rationalization within the commodity.
- Initiates and drives closure on supplier corrective action requests (SCARs) and Non-Conformances.
- Participates in supplier quality audits and drives closure of findings.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration,Engineering or related field is required and eight or more years of progressive experience in supplier management in a high-tech, international manufacturing environment.May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- MBA preferred.
- Deep understanding of one or more technology-related supply chains is strongly preferred.
- Due to the strategic nature of the commodities involved, a proven track record
in developing strong business relationships with key suppliers and experience in developing and executing long term agreements is required.
- Experience with complex negotiations, problem solving, strategic planning and financial analysis are essential.
- Experience working in a fast paced, highly matrixed, multi-cultural and international (both in terms of national as well as corporate cultures), multi-disciplined (engineering, business, manufacturing, etc.).
- Experience solving complex and tactical issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Strong negotiation skills are critical.
- Ability to operate effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams is essential to performing the job.
- Must be able to professionally represent ASML to outside companies.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques is a big plus and a strong familiarity with technology manufacturing is highly preferred.
- Must thrive in an environment where multi-tasking is the norm.
- Must be proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of Oracle/SAP is a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally required.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs – specify percentage of travel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability