30+ days ago - req29045
DevOps Team Architect
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The DevOps Team Architect in the Test and Integration Infrastructure team will play a key role in supporting our existing infrastructure, and help us bring that infrastructure into the cloud using modern git based tooling. A successful candidate will be charged with owning the architectural designs and roadmap for the TII(SW) team.In the TII(SW) team, we automate, build tools and pipelines, and create infrastructures in order to support application development for a specific focus on software testing. The mission is to get the Wilton software development infrastructure up to DevOps maturity level 5.
Primary duties – Leading Architectural Improvements in the TII(SW) Team.
The role requires a Lead Architectural Design Engineer TII(SW) team(development and test infrastructure). A successful candidate will be expected to make, review and drive architectural design decision within the team that enable the Wilton site to delivering products of the highest quality from our software developers and test engineers. The details of the role are as follows:
- Participating daily standups for the TII(SW) team.
- Work closely with the ART level System architect.
- Co-ordinate users stories, features and internal tooling releases in alignment with requirements of our Business owners and the architectural enabler roadmap (DevOps internal enabler roadmap).
- Participate as a TEAM ARCHITECT for the TII(SW) team in the Wilton Quality Agile Release Train in the creation, review of requirements, design decisions and their parent EDS and EPS documents.
- Be willing to attend training in the WoW for a team participating in a Scaled Agile FrameWork - SAFe.
- Proficient python programing skills are essential to this role so as to be able to mentor junior engineers.
- Participate in a team working on the provision of automated tooling to facilitate the highest quality code production. To include continuous integration plans that continually measure and report code quality in terms of style, correctness and conformance to ASML’s standards guidelines.
- Asist in the implementation of build breakage avoidance tooling to include mandated code review and pre-commit test branch continuous integration using TRYBUILD and Unit testing frameworks.
- Assist in the design and maintenance of robust and maintainable build and deployment plansfor a range of ASML scannerproducts.
- Be a champion and mentor for an “Agile” way of working. Display a willingness/ability to participate in a SCRUM team to continuously deliver improvements in all areas of Development Operations.
- Assist in maintaining and improving Test automation frameworks and dashboards.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Physics. or equivalent related experience.
- A preference for degrees in Computer Science/Engineering or Physics.
- Experience in the DevOps ways of working is a nice-to-have – preferably centered on Atlassian Tooling - to provide infrastructures with a high level of integration between ticketing systems (Atlassian JIRA), continuous integration systems (GitHub Actions), documentation and knowledge sharing systems (Atlassian Confluence) and version control systems (Atlassian Bitbucket or GitHub).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with other engineers, product managers and customer support.
Preferred candidates will have experience with three or more of the following:
- Prior experience in working in an Agile team is a nice-to-have.
- Prior experience in the use of ASML Developer tooling – clearmake, clearquest and clearcase.
- Prior experience in software architecture design and EPS/EDS processes using Polarion.
- Proficient in python programming with the ability to mentor/train junior team members.
- Solid communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Solid scripting skills – Bash/GoLang and Python.
- Strong understanding of SCM branching strategies and the use of git/bitbucket/GitHub.
- Strong UNIX skills – preferable Linux.
- Experience with Release Engineering processes and software development cycles.
- Experience with build automation technologies (3yrs) – creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using either GitHub Actions, Atlassian Bamboo or Jenkins.
- Experience with Test automation frameworks – Qtest, Zepher or Polarion QA.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability