29 days ago - req29088
Functional Engineer - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML’s Wafer Alignment Sensor Group in Wilton CT is seeking a functional engineer in a development and engineering role to support & develop complex optical/photonic sensor systems used within ASML’s photolithography tools. These systems typically include light sources, detectors, optical/electro-optical components, fiber optics, electronics and signal processing SW. Understanding the components in their relation to the sensor system and understanding the interaction with the rest of the tool is of fundamental importance.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Key component of this position are:
- General: Use general Physics, Optics, Electronics, Mechanics, and Software knowledge and an understanding of the sensor systems and tool to de-bug new and existing sensors in complex systems (lithography equipment).
- Problem Solving: Able to troubleshoot complex problems on complex systems, develop/debug algorithms; use analytical processes to develop and execute test plans to qualify new features or determine problem root causes.
- Leadership: Able to lead engineers and technicians in activities to execute complex tests, gather data and qualify new features or determine problem root causes.
- Communication: Clearly communicate progress and status of ongoing activities/investigations to managers, customers and technical leadership.
- Programming: The candidate must possess the ability to implement data analysis techniques into functioning MATLAB codes. Optimization skills, GUI building experience, and familiarly with Labview and Python are a plus.
- Travel: Nominal travel ( ~ 10%) to Europe, Asia, and within the US can be expected on a routine basis.
Bachelor's Degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering discipline, with an emphasis on optical system, electronics or software design and analysis
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience using MATLAB and data collection and analysis to drive solutions
- Able to break down complex problems with limited data to come to solutions - Strong Critical thinking capability.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and commitment to achieving results while under time restraints.
- Willing to jump on new issues, get to the bottom of the causes and propose tactical solutions.
- Able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work collaboratively on a team and be willing to take responsibility.
- Able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and through experiments).
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work onsite in Wilton, CT.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability