30+ days ago - req29063
Group Leader Reliability Engineering
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories
If you enjoy leading reliability engineers and architects in a state-of-the-art technology, in a word-leading environmentthen the position of Reliability Group Leader in the Reliability, Test, Manufacturing process Engineering Department at ASML is fit for you (part of the Development & Engineering (DE) sector, Quality & Continuous Improvement cluster). This job requires to have vision and leadership to inspire, convince and motivate others.
The semiconductor industry represents the cutting edge of high technology. Simply to survive in this fast-moving environment, organizations must continually innovate and re-invent their products at very high frequencies. To be a leader in this environment you must move faster and more often than anyone else. That’s why at ASML we have established culture of “green light thinking” and a “go, Go, GO” mentality. Everyone at ASML knows the importance of generating big ideas. And everyone knows the importance of getting those big ideas to market first. It’s an adrenalin-filled atmosphere. One that must also embrace the absolute importance of reliability. An area that is not familiar for all engineers yet, but that is changing rapidly since the customers expect this from ASML.
That’s why as an ASML Group Lead you will not only need the ability to network and communicate with other ASML stakeholders to keep the notion of reliability at the top of everyone’s mind but you also need high-level technical knowledge on Reliability during the entire product life-cycle. As Group Lead of a Reliability Engineering team you need to manage people and content related to topics like Design for Reliability, FMEA and Root Cause Analysis. Reliability is directly connected to business critical topics like Spare parts management and parts usage. Implementing Reliability in our product design is vital for long term success of ASML.
By leading the implementation of Reliability in ASML you will play a central role in continuing the commercial success of the world’s leading provider of lithography systems for semiconductors. It is a commercial success that is founded on three business essentials: innovation, time-to-market, and system reliability, so your leading and technical skills will be vital. In addition to those leading skills you will deploy your communication skills and your persistence to continually influence others and maintain reliability as a key performance indicator for the whole of ASML. You will focus on the in-depth technical knowledge of the modules you will lead the reliability implementation. You won’t be doing this alone, but also with other sectors/DE-clusters within ASML such as Systems Engineering, Performance and Integration, Production and Customer Support.
As a Reliability Group Lead, you will lead a group of reliability engineers with the following responsibilities:
- Identify and communicate the actions needed to implement business priorities within the group, explain the relationship to ASML’s mission, vision and values and motivate people to commit to these objectives by achieving group specific goals.
- Manage and coach a group of reliability engineers. Manage the delivery of results that meet the requirements stated by the New-Product-Introduction and Installed Base & Sustaining programs. Set appropriate performance objectives aligned with the department objectives and corporate priorities for team members and hold them accountable for achieving these objectives.
- Analyze and review project plans and proactively support project realization. Actively coach and support team members on the job to deliver the right quality at the right time.
- Promote reliability and manage stakeholders such as program management, system engineering, project leads and other competences.
- Contribute to the development of annual and longer-term business plan for a group, develop business cases for key activities/projects and partner with key stakeholders to ensure roadmap targets are met.
- Allocate reliability resources in line with program needs (where Reliability engineering support is most needed). You monitor and decide on allocation of finances to remain within budget restrictions.
- Hire and onboard new reliability engineers.
- Ability to be a change agent and lead reliability related changes in ASML.
- Manage and continuously improve the performance and output of the group based on the objectives KPI’s.
MSc or PhD in a technical discipline, such as mechanical engineering, mechatronics or (applied) physics or mathematics, preferably with focus on reliability engineering. Knowledge of Reliability, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Six Sigma (incl. SPC), Reliability Growth Analysis (RGA), Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is a prerequisite. Six Sigma Black Belt is a big advantage.
- At least 10 years management and practical experience with reliability engineering (or other relevant technical domain).
- Experience in managing a group of technical professionals either as Team Lead, project manager or group/line manager.
- Technical knowledge related to ASML technology and preferably knowledge on Design for Reliability (incl. FMEA), Root Cause Analysis, Reliability Growth Analysis, Six Sigma (incl. SPC)
- Knowledge of ASML products and Functional clusters (FC’s).
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting and be a team player.
- Analytical skills with a pragmatic attitude.
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and team building skills;
- Self-starter, entrepreneur, strong in stakeholder management.
- An agile way of working that is necessary in complex organizations
- Leadership Skills
- Change management skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical expert
- Driven to achieve results
Context of the position
You will report directly to the D&E Department Manager of the Reliability, Test and Manufacturing process engineering Department.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.