30+ days ago - req29073
Mechanical Engineering Graduation Internship: Concept design of a wafer edge sensor
In a nutshell
No experience (Student)
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics
Are you looking for a Master Thesis project in Mechanical Engineering? Do you have affinity with Optics and Electronics? Then this assignment could be interesting for you!
The department of Wafer Handling & Positioning in de Mechanical Development business line is a very diverse department of mechanical and hardware engineers. The development of new stages and also wafer handler is done by this department, together with other departments for neighboring areas of expertise such as control, thermal and flow. This department has a broad mix of exciting and new to be developed modules. The teams themselves are a mix of junior and senior team members who can enable your growth. The current growth of ASML is also reflected in this exciting group.
For improved handling of a specific type of wafers, a new edge sensor concept is to be used. The edge sensor is used for measuring the horizontal position of the wafer so it can be corrected before exposure. The tasks are:
- Selecting the sensor concept layout for application in our machines;
- Designing a functional test setup for proving feasibility of the concept;
- Performing feasibility tests and integration of the setup;
- Concept design, incl. CAD and functional description, and a proposal for processing raw data to the desired wafer characteristic;
- Assist in interfacing with relevant stakeholders, such as suppliers, but also interfacing development departments such as Software;
- Reporting on deliverables and tasks above.
- You are a final year Master’s student in Mechanical Engineering.
- Mechatronics knowledge is a pre.
- Affinity with optics and electronics.
- Knowledge of CAD is required; NX is preferred.
- Knowledge of precision mechanics principles.
- A proactive attitude and a willingness to ask questions.
- Willingness to perform hands-on activity.
This is a Master graduation internship for 5 days a week with duration of a minimum 6 months. The start date is as soon as possible.
For an internship at ASML you need to be enrolled as a student during the entire duration.
What ASML offers
Your internship will be in one of the leading Dutch corporations, gaining valuable experience in a highly dynamic environment. You will receive a monthly internship allowance based on your educational level and number of days per week, plus a possible housing or travel allowance. More information on the allowances can be found on our website. In addition you will get expert, practical guidance and the chance to work in and experience a dynamic, innovative team environment.
ASML: Be part of progress
We make machines that make chips – the hearts of the devices that keep us informed, entertained and safe; that improve our quality of life and help to tackle the world’s toughest problems.
We build some of the most amazing machines that you will ever see, and the applications to run them. Never satisfied, we measure our performance in units that begin with pico or nano.
We believe we can always do better. We believe the winning idea can come from anyone. We love what we do – not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard. At ASML we are always pushing technology further.
Students: Getting ready for the real-world
Teamwork is key within ASML. Our R&D team is more than 5,500 people strong and worldwide we form one big team with over 25,000 employees. These colleagues have 123 different nationalities and work at our major sites on three continents.
Dozens of diverse, interdisciplinary teams work in parallel to meet a challenging development schedule. In this inspiring environment, your colleagues may be sitting next door, or they could be thousands of kilometers away in a different country, or even working for a different company.
An internship at ASML is your opportunity to get to know this world and get a feel for that excites you most. Use your education, gain real-life working experience and explore the world of high-tech – all at the same time.
How will you be part of progress?