30+ days ago - req29029
Mechanical Lead Design Engineer (Imaging)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Do you enjoy designing, building and testing mechanical systems? Do you want to expand your professional skill set into other disciplines? And do you enjoy interacting with many different people, enthusing them with ideas and motivating them to contribute? If so, this could be the ideal career step for you.
Your mission will be to make a positive impact on the entire company – because you will be working at the heart of the ASML machine, right in the light path. That’s one of the many reasons this position offers direct challenge and virtually real-time feedback job satisfaction.
Take ownership and manage designs in the field of highly accurate and stable opto-mechanical modules in collaboration with a small team of experts in a multi-disciplinary project setting.
You will be expected to use not only your hard-skill technical expertise to engineer on a practical scale, but also your soft-skill people techniques to enthuse and motivate others.
Additionally, because ASML projects are always multidisciplinary, you will also be expected to develop new technical skills beyond your own area of expertise, so this position offers plenty of 360º professional growth. Which means that in addition to the challenges of mechanical engineering - designing, building and prototype testing – you will also consider other factors such as electronics, environmental control and infrastructural requirements for example.
- You will take the lead in steering a small team of design engineers and contribute to the development and sustaining of products by specification, concept study, volume control, interface definition, design, mechanical calculations (FEM), drawings, qualification, integration and test execution of mechanical components or subsystems. In particular you will:
Take responsibility for the mechanical design of opto-mechanical systems in strong collaboration with other teams in a multidisciplinary environment with physics and EDEV teams, and with many interfaces to other projects within the scanner, machine layout, system quality, tooling, etc.
- Setup of planning and prioritization within the project scope
- Contribute to the specification, concept development and qualification of designs
- Responsible for the full portfolio of technical product documentation
- Able to manage and coach a small team
- Specify and design the (sub-)modules and/or tooling to realize the required performance
- To achieve this you will use state of the art design methods and construction principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a technical and supply chain perspective
- Store the BOM in our database according engineering change process procedures, and align the change with the different stake holders
- Drive the qualification of the design by specifying the tests, designing and realizing the test equipment
- Define and ensure that required prototypes are planned, built and tested
- Deliver the technical product documentation that is needed to release the design for volume production
- Cooperate with the factory to identify and drive improvements on integration
Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, or similar
- Experience in a design role in a complex technical environment and knowledge of the V-model
- Well educated in the application of construction principles and accurate position principles
- Ability to design concepts and a pragmatic attitude and capability to translate concepts into
practical designs that meet the specified requirements
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling tools is required, preferably Siemens NX, and Teamcenter
- Mechanical tolerance calculations (statistical analysis experience is a plus)
- Thorough knowledge of the ASML D&E Way-of-Working is a plus
- Strong technical foundation with a pragmatic attitude
- Able to manage complexity, takes initiative
- Responsible and accountable for decisions and deliverables
- Creative thinking capability
- Critical on results
- Team player
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Good communication skills, easily communicates with other disciplines
- Sharp and assertive. Easily challenges colleagues
- Strong quality drive
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. You will be part of the Mechanical System Layout & Imaging group working within the DUV Optical Column.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.