Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
1 day ago - req29031
Mechanical System Layout Architect
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Do you enjoy having a broad full system scope as an architect? Do you have strong drive in improving the manufacturability and serviceability of a system by smart layout solutions? Do you have a critical approach towards design solutions created by other teams? If you said yes for those questions, then this role might fit you.
Find the optimal mechanical layout solutions for the ASML machines. Secure that the machine can be easily built, transported, installed and serviced. Find creative solutions (together with System engineers, project leader, cross sector architects, cross sector lead engineers, team lead and designers) such that the machine will meet both its performance and industrialization requirements.
- Steer and perform mechanical system layout studies to find solutions for new functionality and module changes.
- Define mechanical layout budgets for module owners (volumes, mass, tolerance and seismic)
Perform regular reviews and carousels with cross sector architects (module/part owners) to:
- Get agreements about the layout;
- Evaluate concepts, discuss and find solutions for cross sector layout conflicts;
- Secure that the design will comply with agreed budgets.
- Prepare and chair architecture design reviews (of layout concepts)
- Support and contribute with the Function Owner and Function Architect to the development roadmap of our machines
- Cooperate with the factory to identify and drive improvements on integration and commonality (manufacturability & serviceability)
- Support factory & field in case of issues related to the layout of the mechanical system
- Own the full scope of mechanical system architecture on production module level
Bachelor or Master degree in a Mechanical Engineering
- >3 years working experience as architect, preferably at ASML
- Experience in managing and validating the layout of complex products (automotive, defense and aerospace industries)
- Experience with industrialization of complex systems
- Experience with tolerance calculations
- Requirements management
- Knowledge of Siemens NX; preferably with volume files
- Helicopter view. Easily can determine priorities and main risks
- High interest on system overview
- Highly pro-active. Thinks ahead, creates vision, manages the stakeholders
- Team player on all levels (system engineers, architects, design engineers, management, factory engineers, etc.)
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Attitude to challenge others (get all risks and collateral damage on the table)
- Strong in convincing others (on importance of industrialization aspects)
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products.
You will be part of the DUV Mechanical Layout (ML) project, which is amongst others responsible for the mechanical system architecture. The team does not deliver hardware, but has an overall responsibility for the Mechanical Layout during the whole V-cycle, ensuring that the total system can be build, transported, installed and serviced in a safe and efficient way
For more detailed information see the FC020 training material:D000334176 (internal applicants only)
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.