30+ days ago - req29089
Optical Design Engineer - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML’s Wafer Alignment Sensor Group in Wilton CT is seeking an Optical Design Engineer with expertise in the area of optical design and physical optics modeling to support and develop complex optical/photonic sensor systems used within ASML’s photolithography tools. These systems typically include light sources, detectors, optical/electro-optical components, and fiber optics. Main job function is to produce accurate optical design and physical optics models to predict performance of high-end lithography sensors.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Key responsibilities of this position are:
- Develop clear understanding of the physical operation of high end optical sensors.
- Using combination of standard tools (CodeV, FRED, ZEMAX, Lumerical,FDTD) and modeling in a MATLAB environment, generate accurate physical optics models to predict high end sensors performance.
- Use developed modeling to support design refinements, nominal predictions and tolerancing.
- Use developed models to support proto build validation and production build factory and field issues resolution.
- Perform experiments and testing to validate the design and predicted performance.
- Travel: Nominal travel ( ~ 10%) to Europe, Asia, and within the US can be expected on a routine basis.
- This position requires onsite work and collaboration.
Bachelors or Master's degree in Optical Engineering, or Physics with an emphasis on optical design and physical optics modeling and computation.
- Experience with optical design and tolerance of optical systems.
- In depth experience with at least 2 of the 3 items list: CodeV and/or Zemax; FRED and/or ASAP; MATLAB.
- Ableto understand the physical operation of complex optical sensors and generate detailed modeling and simulation of their output signals.
- Strong written and oral communicative skills and a commitment to achieving results on time.
- Demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work collaboratively on a team and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule.
- Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating analytically technical issues.
- Ability to observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Able to learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability